Dining Services Production/Cook (PT)Sisters of Charity, BVM (Mt. Carmel), Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
The Sisters of Charity, BVM at Mount Carmel is an active community of Catholic women religious who minister in 19 states and two foreign countries in works of charity, justice, education, and freedom. These four values guide us in our mission to ensure employees are treated fairly, compensated justly and are provided opportunities for personal and professional growth. To learn more about Sisters of Charity, BVM, please visit us at http://www.bvmsisters.org.
- Foster and affirm the mission, core values and the philosophy of retirement of the Sisters of Charity, BVM;
- Maintain confidentiality regarding resident, employee and facility business;
- Always aware of customer needs and respond accordingly;
- Directly responsible for preparing menu, items including preparing therapeutic and texture modified diets, as indicated on the daily menu and Special Event Sheets, according to job assignment, in collaboration with the other members of the production team.
- Ensure the timely and accurate preparation of menu items using recipes and production sheets
- Plan cooking/baking schedule to prepare food with minimal holding time necessary;
- Work directly with the Dietary management in day to day menu troubleshooting;
- Ensure that food transport carts are loaded with all menu items for Marian Hall and 3rd and 4th Caritas and delivered timely;
- Ensure all menu items are replenished and attractively displayed throughout entire dining time;
- Responsible for assisting in the dining room during meals with plate service and clearing;
- Follow all department policies and procedures related to safety, cleaning/sanitation, recycling, food handling, storage and disposal, scheduling, uniform and personal hygiene;
- Operate electric, gas and steam cooking equipment and kitchen utensils according to guidelines;
- Report all equipment concerns to supervisor immediately;
- Perform other or related work as assigned, including but not limited to:
- Washing and sanitizing pots and pans
- Operating Dishwasher
- Daily/weekly/monthly cleaning lists
- Assist in other dietary job areas as necessary.
- Provide supervision to other employees as required or in the absence of the Coordinator of Dining Services and Dining Services Assistant.
For more information about Sisters of Charity, BVM, visit us on-line at http://www.bvmsisters.org.
This listing has expired
Food and Beverage
Skilled Labor Trades
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|