Gallery AttendantDubuque Museum Of Art, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
The mission of the Dubuque Museum of Art (DuMA) is to excite, engage, and serve diverse communities within the Tri-State area through our collections, exhibitions, and educational programs. We connect generations of people with their cultural heritage and exceptional art.
Established in 1874, the DuMA is among Iowa’s oldest cultural organizations. Since opening an award-winning, remodeled facility in downtown Dubuque in 1999, the DuMA has expanded its permanent collections to include nearly 2,500 objects, including internationally-recognized works by Grant Wood and Edward S. Curtis. In addition, the DuMA regularly hosts and presents juried, curated, and traveling exhibitions, featuring locally, regionally, and nationally-recognized artists, and offers a diverse array of youth and adult art education programs, outreach activities, and special events.
Accredited by the American Alliance of Museums since 2004, the DuMA is a Smithsonian Affiliate and a member of the Midwest and Iowa Museums Associations.
To learn more about our history, mission, vision and values, visit www.dbqart.com/our-mission.
Gallery Attendants are responsible for:
- Performing security procedures for museum property and grounds;
- Warmly greeting all guests, answering or directing questions to the appropriate volunteer/staff;
- Actively monitoring the galleries and public areas of the museum while on shift and maintaining crowd control;
- Enforcing Museum guidelines, being observant, and willing to confront staff and visitors when guidelines not met;
- Maintaining security logs for each shift and reporting all incidents to the appropriate staff;
- Responding calmly and quickly during emergency situations;
- Performing basic life saving techniques such as CPR and First Aid;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Gallery Attendants must meet the following basic qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent and ability to communicate clearly and effectively including writing, reading, and understand written material;
- 2-3 years of work experience,
- Present a neat, clean, non-threatening appearance;
- Must have a pleasant demeanor and a genuine interest in communication with members of the public and providing assistance to visitors;
- Must be dependable, reliable, and discrete;
- No criminal conviction record.
- Familiarity with art museums and museum protocol;
- Prior police officer training or security officer experience preferred.
Additionally, Gallery Attendants shall be physically, mentally and otherwise fit to perform in that capacity, as evidenced by:
- Must be able to see, hear normal conversation (prosthetic acceptable), and communicate effectively with visitors;
- Must be able to stand, climb stairs, and walk for extended periods of time with minimal rest breaks;
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted;
- No history or presence of any significant psychiatric disorder.
Work schedule may include weekday, evening, and weekend hours. Any offer made will be contingent upon a satisfactory background investigation. This position is subject to a 90 day probationary period. Gallery Attendants may be subject to random drug screens.
This listing has expired
Temp To Hire
Arts and Entertainment
Building and Grounds
Volunteer and Non-profit
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|