Human Resources GeneralistCrescent Electric Supply Co, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Crescent Electric Supply Company was founded by Titus B. Schmid in Dubuque, Iowa in 1919. Today we have grown to over 160 locations throughout the United States and have become one of the nation's largest distributors of wholesale electrical supplies. Our Corporate headquarters is located in East Dubuque, IL.
Our growth is the result of our commitment to building beneficial relationships with our customers, suppliers, and employees and seeking long-term growth through total customer satisfaction. Our customers are the contractors, manufacturers, industrial facilities, building owners, and utilities that create electricity, install electrical systems, or use it in their buildings. Take a look at Crescent Electric Supply and you will see an exciting, growing organization in a dynamic industry. If that sounds like the right place for you, we would love to hear from you.
To learn more about Crescent Electric Supply Co., visit our web site at www.cesco.com.
- Oversee each new hire’s onboarding, including contacting each new hire at designated stages to ensure they are receiving proper training and have the tools and resources they need.
- Maintain the Training Partner Program for new hires, monitor program effectiveness, and work to improve the program over time.
- Responsible for Crescent's safety program including submitting worker’s compensation claims, following up with injured workers, maintaining Driver Qualification Files, ensuring forklift certifications are up-to-date, completing and submitting OSHA reports, maintaining safety policies, ensuring safety meetings take place, etc.
- Complete assigned projects on various HR topics, including onboarding, policy updates, harassment training, performance management, etc. and as needed, present these recommendations and findings to management.
- Advise and assist managers with various employee issues, including performance and behavior problems, disciplinary procedures, written warnings, termination approvals, leave of absence requests, employee accommodation needs, etc.
- Keep up to date on state and federal employment laws.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or two or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Employment law knowledge and previous Human Resources work experience is preferred. Must be able to travel. Experience with recruiting, employee relations, and training and development is preferred.
- In addition, must possess interpersonal and organizational skills, be a self-starter, be detail oriented, and have very strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Individual must possess strong, comprehensive PC skills (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook products) and have an aptitude with new software and systems. Must have ability to work quickly and accurately under time constraints and against deadlines.
- HR certification, National Safety Council Member, and OSHA Trainer Certification is recommended.
We are committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|