Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a not-for-profit health services and education provider serving over 20,000 individuals each year. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Washington, Ottumwa, Monticello, Maquoketa and Thomson, IL. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of 20 million, has 500 employees, and is accredited by the Joint Commission and Coalition for Residential Education (CORE).
Hillcrest Family Services is a non-profit organization that assists adults and children in need of help. Every day, Hillcrest builds confidence in hundreds of people and families. We're a place where compassion is commonplace. Where our passion soars and faith restores.
As an Accounting Intern at our Main Administrative Office in Dubuque, IA, your primary responsibilities include:
- Reconcile petty cash funds bi-weekly
- Prepare bank reconciliations using established accounting software
- Update various month- and year-end tracking spreadsheets in Excel. Prepare analysis on these spreadsheets as needed.
- Compute and record multiple monthly journal entries as requested by Staff Accountants
- Compile and distribute monthly financial reports within the agency
- Assist Staff Accountants in preparing the agency budget
- Other duties as assigned
What you need
- Currently pursing either an Associates or Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Knowledge of MS Office suite
- Strong organizational, prioritization skills, and attention to detail
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain the strictest confidentiality
- The ability to research and analyze various different types of data or information
- Able to project a friendly and professional demeanor
- Able to work well under pressure
Come have fun and work with great people while gaining real world experience in a professional setting and building your resume!
This is a student position for spring of 2019.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job posting are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. A complete list of job duties may be requested at any time during the job application process.
EEO Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|