Financial Planning and Analysis ManagerCrescent Electric Supply Co, East Dubuque, IL
Crescent Electric Supply Company was founded by Titus B. Schmid in Dubuque, Iowa in 1919. Today we have grown with 126 locations throughout the United States and have become one of the nation's largest distributors of wholesale electrical supplies. Our Corporate headquarters is located in East Dubuque, IL.
Our growth is the result of our commitment to building beneficial relationships with our customers, suppliers, and employees and seeking long-term growth through total customer satisfaction. Our customers are the contractors, manufacturers, industrial facilities, building owners, and utilities that create electricity, install electrical systems, or use it in their buildings. Take a look at Crescent Electric Supply and you will see an exciting, growing organization in a dynamic industry. If that sounds like the right place for you, we would love to hear from you.
To learn more about Crescent Electric Supply Co., visit our web site at www.cesco.com.
The Manager – Financial Planning & Analysis will provide analytical leadership and strategic support to senior management and will champion planning and analysis best practices and process improvement across the organization. The position will collaborate closely with leadership across Crescent’s various operating companies to drive value-added analysis and improved decision-making throughout the corporation. The role will frequently interact with the CEO/President, COO, CFO, and other executive leaders.
- Lead and continuously improve all financial planning processes, including those related to strategic planning, annual budgeting, and quarterly forecasting, across all Crescent operating companies and functions.
- Develop process and provide analytical insights to support the design of strategic initiatives focused on achieving long-term financial objectives.
- Track and analyze results to ensure progress towards targets and work with business management to accelerate the achievement of strategic and financial goals.
- Develop and maintain standardized performance reporting and dashboards across all levels of the corporation (operating companies, regions, districts, branches, etc.)
- Develop and present monthly and quarterly business reviews to senior management.
- Provide insightful and actionable analysis of results/plans/forecasts to identify emerging trends, key risks, and opportunities to improve profitability, cash flow generation and return on invested capital.
- Lead capital budgeting and management process. Collaborate with company leadership to assess all major investment initiatives and provide recommendations based on business strategy, economic profit accretion, and investment returns (net present value / return on invested capital).
- Initiate and execute value-added analysis to drive improved decision-making, operating performance and strategy development. Examples: competitive analysis/benchmarking, working capital efficiency, economic profit momentum, industry forecasts & drivers.
- Lead special projects for CEO/President, COO, and CFO as needed.
- Assist CFO and Chief Strategy Office in acquisition and divestiture activity as needed.
- Lead valuation modeling and financial risk assessment for all transactions.
- Prepare financial analysis of deal structure options.
- Conduct post-mortem analysis of acquisitions to validate value-creation realization.
- Assist in development of critical investor and board communications including quarterly shareholder presentations, annual shareholder meeting materials, and quarterly board presentations.
- Develop supporting materials including competitive analysis, market conditions and trends, analysis and risk assessment of quarterly and full-year financial forecasts, and potential Q&A.
- Collaborate with CFO to provide insightful analysis on company’s capital structure and financial policy alternatives. Examples:
- Long-term economic scenario modeling and impact on financial flexibility and liquidity.
- Financing alternatives and sensitivities.
- Capital deployment alternatives, investment returns, and priority recommendations.
- Share repurchase and dividend policies.
- Build highly capable financial analyst(s) to provide analytical leadership and value to senior leadership across the company.
- Attend branch/company meetings and events as required. Overnight travel may be necessary.
- Adhere to all safety policies.
- Maintain housekeeping as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, or Accounting from four-year college or university; and five years progressive experience in finance with a strong emphasis on planning and analysis. MBA in Finance is preferred.
- Experience in +$500 million revenue business preferred.
- Demonstrated business acumen and leadership with impeccable integrity
- High degree of initiative and self-motivation with a strong sense of accountability.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including relationship development at all levels in an organization and ability to indirectly influence business objectives.
- Superior analytical skills – comprehensive understanding of financial analysis, modeling tools, reporting systems, and planning processes.
- Deep experience in data analysis/mining/modeling, corporate finance principles (NPVs, EVA/economic profit, capital structure), budget/forecast variance analysis, and industry or competitive research.
- Excellent oral and written skills, and an ability to persuasively communicate with executive leadership.
- Ability to identify significant improvement opportunities and effectively lead change.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications, specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
Competitive Benefit Package:
We offer a competitive benefits package including 401(k), medical, dental, life, and disability insurance.
Candidates are subject to reference checks, credit, criminal background and DMV checks, assessments, and a post-offer drug screen. EOE/M/F/Vets/Disability
Click on the following link: http://bit.ly/2cVXeXn to be directed to our Youtube playlist. Learn more about Crescent Electric Supply Company and what our employees have to say about working for this great organization.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
East Dubuque, IL
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|