Universal Tank & Fabrication was built from the ground up on the belief that integrity matters. Integrity runs throughout our 43,000 square foot facility making Universal the best fabrication and ASME-certified pressure vessel manufacturer in the country. We believe personally and collectively in the importance of operational excellence, which is why we invest heavily in people, equipment and ongoing process improvements throughout our organization. Honest and trustworthy service consistently bring greater value to our customers in the way of project flexibility, quality, performance, cost minimization, and delivery.
Welder 1st Shift/2nd Shift
Salary Range: $17.00 - $22.00 per hour
Flexible Start Times Available
Universal Tank & Fabrication is a fast paced, growing company headquarter in Dubuque, Iowa with a second operation located in Houston, Texas. We are actively seeking full time Welders to join our Iowa team on 1st shift. UTF offers a competitive benefit package which includes annual performance reviews, bi-annual performance based bonuses, free uniforms, as well as attendance, rework, and safety incentives that can amount to $1,100 per year. UTF now offers a 401(k) Company Match! Join our team and become part of an organization that is as equally committed to our employees as we are our customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
We pride ourselves on showing our customers and employees trust, honor, and integrity. Qualified candidates must be driven to deliver the highest quality products on the market, while providing outstanding customer service.
- Fabricate components by studying blueprints, work instructions and other specifications
- Identify and solve issues surrounding daily duties by working with peers
- Safe material handling and overhead crane operation
- Operate a clean and safe work environment at all times
- Perform other tasks as required
- Must pass ASME Code, MIG weld test
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Acceptable math, communication, blueprint & tape measure reading skills.
- Good knowledge of hand-operated power tools, with a solid mechanical aptitude
- Climb ladders, wear a respirator and fit through manways as required
- Willingness to fill in wherever necessary which includes occasionally working different shifts
Reports To: First Shift Supervisor
*Equal Opportunity Employer
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply in Person:||8025 Chavenelle Rd|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|