EstimatorUniversal Tank & Fabrication, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Universal Tank & Fabrication was built from the ground up on the belief that integrity matters. Integrity runs throughout our 43,000 square foot facility making Universal the best fabrication and ASME-certified pressure vessel manufacturer in the country. We believe personally and collectively in the importance of operational excellence, which is why we invest heavily in people, equipment and ongoing process improvements throughout our organization. Honest and trustworthy service consistently bring greater value to our customers in the way of project flexibility, quality, performance, cost minimization, and delivery.
Universal Tank & Fabrication is a fast-paced, quickly growing company looking for a full time Estimator. Our 43,000 square foot facility was built from the ground up to be the best fabrication and ASME-certified pressure vessel manufacturer in the country. Join our team and become part of an organization that is as equally committed to our employees as we are our customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
We pride ourselves on showing our customers and employees trust, honor, and integrity. Qualified candidates must be able to deliver custom fabrication quotes that fit our customer’s needs in a timely manner. Typical workdays involve collecting, analyzing, and presenting costing data, in compliance with customer and ASME code requirements, to either quote new projects or to revise current ones. Collaboration with vendors is also key, as an estimator frequently spends time visiting with subcontractors and negotiating with service professionals and suppliers.
Other responsibilities of the Estimator include:
- Identify labor, material, and time requirements by studying blueprints, specifications, and other related documents
- Consult with clients, vendors, and personnel in other departments to discuss/formulate estimates and to resolves issues
- Ensure code compliance of projects, if applicable
- Confer with engineers on change orders and adjustments to cost estimates
- Develop and maintain strong organizational, leadership, analytic, and interpersonal skills
- Develop a strong knowledge of ASME, API, and other fabrication codes
- Manage multiple quotes/projects at a time to meet deadlines
- 2 year college degree required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required (Specifically Outlook, Excel, and Word)
- Strong project management skills required
- Experience in fabrication processes preferred but not required
- Keen analytical skills
- Strong mathematic and practical application skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
Reports to: Estimating Manager
We offer Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance. We also have Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, and now offering 401(k) Match!
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|