ABOUT THE COTTINGHAM & BUTLER COMPANIES
Cottingham & Butler is the 28th largest insurance broker in the U.S. and a recognized leader in offering innovative property & casualty and employee benefit insurance solutions. The company is headquartered in Dubuque, Iowa, and employs approximately 900 employees across the U.S.
Cottingham & Butler provides a full suite of risk management and employee benefits services.
Accounting Operations Manager
Now’s your chance to move your career in a new direction - upward. Cottingham & Butler is growing and with growth comes opportunities. Opportunities like this don’t come around often - don’t let it pass you by!!
This position will supervise a team of employees who are working with the billing and funding aspects of our client accounts. We are looking for a process driven individual to spearhead initiatives. Additional duties:
- reviewing all of the contracts and auditing to ensure compliance
- reviewing the processes and creating enhancements to the computer system, and
- preparing month-end journal entries.
This is a very dynamic area - there are a lot of new products being introduced. This will allow you to work with departments on implementation and to find ways to adapt the products to our processes. There is a lot to learn, but you will become an expert in benefits compliance and will be guaranteed to learn something new every single day.
A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and solid Excel skills are necessary. Supervisor or leadership skills helpful. Must be able to think on a macro level while working on a micro level.
Why Cottingham & Butler?
Cottingham & Butler is the 30th largest insurance broker in the U.S. and a recognized leader in offering innovative property & casualty and employee benefit insurance solutions. The company is headquartered in Dubuque, Iowa, and employs over 800 employees across the U.S. Cottingham & Butler provides a full suite of risk management and employee benefits services. We believe that our success is a direct result of our culture and the employees that make us the company we are.
Believe in personal excellence
- We hire for attitude and character first; experience is a plus, but not required
- We look for individuals with a history of success and an insatiable desire to succeed
Commit to Development
- We expect every employee to become an expert in their area – knowing something isn’t a luxury here, it’s an expectation.
- We don’t believe in boundaries – we believe that individuals if given the opportunity, can achieve at levels they themselves would never have imagined.
Thrive on Challenge
- We head for trouble right away – we know that facing adversity head on makes us better in the long run.
- We believe that to grow you must often “stretch” into a zone of discomfort – we encourage the stretch.
Do you think this might be a fit for you? Send us your resume – we’d love to talk!
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
|Years of Experience||--|