Product EngineerJohn Deere Dubuque Works, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
The John Deere Dubuque Works is one of the key facilities in Deere & Company's Construction and Forestry (C&F) Division. The Dubuque Works manufactures backhoe loaders, crawler dozers, and skid steer loaders for the construction industry and knuckleboom loaders and tracked feller bunchers for the forestry industry. The Dubuque Works also serves as the Center of Excellence for the C&F Division in the areas of Product Engineering, Product Verification and Validation, Supply Management, and Product Support which includes the Dealer Technical Assistance Center. From a manufacturing perspective, the core competencies of the factory include plate and sheet cutting, machining, welding, paint, and assembly.
The John Deere Dubuque Works is one of the most innovative and productive facilities of its kind. From an Engineering perspective, techniques such as virtual reality and rapid concepting are used to assist in the design process. Our manufacturing facilities use state of the art techniques and equipment to produce products including CNC machining centers and a Manufacturing Execution System (MES). We are proud of how fast we can get new technology into the hands of our customers, and of the quality we can attain through a very structured and effective Product Development Process. Our Product Support teams use the latest techniques and satellite communication systems to keep the machines we make on the job, dayin and dayout. Additionally, outside of the factory our products are supported by an efficient parts delivery system, and a network of John Deere dealers and company field representatives, strategically located throughout the world to support the products we produce
We are dedicated to keeping our customers ahead of their competitors by supplying the most efficient, dependable machines possible. Through teamwork, a commitment to continuous improvement, and a major investment in aggressive, ongoing research, the Dubuque Works has helped John Deere become a leader in the Construction and Forestry equipment industry.
For more information on Deere & Company go to internet site www.deere.com
There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we're all about at John Deere. And it's why we're investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world's brightest minds are tackling the world's biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we'll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa (US-IA) - Dubuque
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Product Engineer - 51481
As a Product Engineer, working for John Deere Construction and Forestry Division, located in Dubuque, IA, you will lead engine integration efforts into 35-47 metric ton Deere-Hitachi excavators. In addition, you will:
- Work closely with John Deere Power Systems (JDPS), Construction & Forestry (C&F) Engine Integration, Deere-Hitachi, Deere-Hitachi Specialty Products (DHSP), Hitachi Japan and key component suppliers to integrate engines and engine auxiliaries into Deere-Hitachi excavators
- Support PDP physical build development, testing, customer field evaluations and data gathering activities
- Support factory new model launches and work with EDPR/QIT teams to rapidly address early field issues and emerging quality problems
- Drive continuous improvements into engine systems & related components
- Function as primary Deere engineering contact & systems support for DHSP supporting project work and communication with Deere engineering, JDPS, Deere Hitachi and Hitachi engineering
- Assist in electrical wire harness and controls development specific to the DHSP products
- Coordinate DHSP new model physical build development, testing, customer field evaluations and data gathering activities
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- Strong understanding of engine & after treatment development and vehicle integration
- Experience working on new model EPDP projects & project teams
- General understanding of cooling system development, structures and electrical systems
- Experience with solid modeling and analysis tools
- Strong project management, team building and communication skills
What Makes You Stand Out
- Knowledge of diesel engines and experience with cooling system component design
- Strong self-motivation and desire to learn
- Understanding of engine and after treatment systems PV&V processes
- Experience in a team leader role
- Experience using Creo, NX, &/or Windchill/PDMLink
- Understanding of excavator and/or forestry applications
- Machine evaluation or PV&V experience
- Experience using Kuli
Education (or equivalent work experience)
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.