Full-time Faculty in Aviation and Flight OperationsUniversity of Dubuque, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
About the University of Dubuque
The University of Dubuque is a private, Presbyterian, coeducational, professional university with a foundation in the liberal arts. Our commitment is to nurturing the mind, body, and spirit as well as encouraging students to explore their fullest potential, is part of a rich Christian identity that dates back to the University's founding in 1852. Our welcoming interfaith community of 2000 students attracts young men and women from across the country and around the globe who seek the knowledge and the skills to make a difference in our ever-changing world. Within a values and faith base, we offer you an array of perspectives and broad exposure to our truly global society. The University comprises the undergraduate college, the graduate school, and the theological seminary.
Mission and Vision
The University of Dubuque is a private university offering undergraduate, graduate, and theological seminary degrees, and other educational opportunities with the intention of educating and forming the whole person. The University is comprised of individuals from the region, our nation, and the world.
As a community, the University practices its Christian commitments by educating students, pursuing excellence in scholarship, challenging students to live lives of worth and purpose, and preparing students for service to the church and the world.
Therefore, the University of Dubuque is committed to:
- A hospitable Christian environment which respects other faith traditions;
- Relationships which encourage intellectual, spiritual, and moral development;
- Excellence in academic inquiry and professional preparation;
- A diverse and equitable community where Christian love is practiced;
- Stewardship of all God’s human and natural resources;
- Zeal for life-long learning and service.
The University of Dubuque invites applications for a Full-time Faculty position in Aviation and Flight Operations. Additional experience in unmanned aerial systems is welcomed.
- Teach technical and ground school courses and labs within the aviation program
- Advise students on program progression, academic success and professional development
- Actively engage in departmental and university meetings, committees, activities and scholarly pursuits
- Any other duties as assigned in the advancement of UD and the aviation department mission
- Master’s degree in aviation, aerospace, engineering, management or other related field (doctorate preferred)
- One-year teaching experience or flight instruction in a collegiate aviation environment
- One-year aviation industry experience outside of a collegiate aviation environment
- Current FAA Flight Instructor certificates
The University of Dubuque is a private, Presbyterian, coeducational, professional university with a foundation in the liberal arts. Our commitment is to nurturing the mind, body, and spirit as well as encouraging students to explore their fullest potential, is part of a rich Christian identity that dates back to the University's founding in 1852. The Aviation Department manages three Aviation Programs that provide students with the academic and professional tools needed to succeed in all segments of the Aviation Industry.
To apply for the Full-time Faculty position in Aviation, please submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and UD employment application, located on our website (http://www.dbq.edu/AboutUD/Employment/Jobs/), to HR@dbq.edu or to the Director of Human Resources, at the University of Dubuque, 2000 University Avenue, Dubuque, IA 52001.
Applications will be reviewed as received and accepted until the position is filled. Applications from qualified persons with diverse backgrounds and cultures, including women and persons of color, are welcomed. AA/EEO
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||--|