Summer 2019 Engineering InternFlexsteel Industries Inc, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. is a seating specialist with more than 116 years of experience creating fine upholstered furniture for residential, commercial and vehicle installations.
With corporate headquarters in Dubuque, Iowa, Flexsteel encompasses a nation-wide network of manufacturing facilities with operations in Dublin, Georgia; Harrison, Arkansas; Louisville, Kentucky; Riverside, California; and Starkville, Mississippi. More than 1750 associates are employed at Flexsteel facilities, with 350 associates employed in Dubuque.
Flexsteel is named for the unique flexible blue steel seat spring which offers durability and comfort, backed by one of the furniture industry's few lifetime limited warranties.
For more information, visit http://www.Flexsteel.com.
The Engineering Intern will support New Product Introduction (NPI) and continuous improvement projects by assisting department in designing, validating, and documenting new products or processes. This position will also support existing product lines by maintaining or improving previously developed product designs and documentation. Project support will include but is not limited to: researching and trialing new components or materials, evaluating existing products for improvement, and compiling project data for reporting purposes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Recognizes and values customers and fellow associates by:
A) Emphasizing teamwork;
B) Possessing a customer-driven attitude;
C) Effectively achieving results by meeting mutually agreed upon goals;
- Complete low to medium complexity design assignments for wood frames, foam parts, mechanical components, and assemblies;
- Create detailed engineering drawings of parts and assemblies;
Process Engineering Change Requests (ECRs) as assigned in a timely manner;
- Assist department in evaluating and testing new materials or components for quality improvements or cost reduction purposes;
- Update and maintain product information within multiple systems;
- Prepare reports of assigned tasks
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program for Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or related field from an accredited institution;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook;
- Experience using 2D and 3D CAD software;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- One (1) or more years of experience using SolidWorks (3D CAD).
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. offers a competitive salary, along with an excellent full-time benefits package, paid holidays, a friendly, supportive work environment, Flexsteel furniture discounts, and professional growth opportunities.
EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran
Please apply online at http://www.flexsteel.com/about-us/careers