Systems Support AdministratorSpahn & Rose Lumber Co, Dubuque, IA
Established in 1904, Spahn & Rose has 24 retail lumber and building material stores in Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin. We pride ourselves in providing our customers with excellent service and a superior quality mix, while encouraging our employees to have rewarding careers with avenues for advancement. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, disability and 401k and profit sharing plans.
If you are interested in joining a growing and dynamic organization that has been in business for over 110 years, we encourage you to apply and submit your resume today!
Established in 1904, Spahn & Rose has 23 retail lumber and building material stores in Iowa, Illinois & Wisconsin. We are seeking motivated, career and customer oriented Systems Support Administrator interested in joining our team at our corporate office in Dubuque.
The ideal candidate provides technical expertise on major tasks and technology assignments related to supporting our IT infrastructure with a focus on meeting the needs of a geographically dispersed group of stores engaged in supporting the organization's broad mission.
- Provide support to the stores that operate in a demanding retail environment including installing, configuring, and maintaining operating system workstations and servers, including web servers that support the store's business processing requirements.
- Perform software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
- Schedule installations and upgrades and maintain systems and components in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Ensure workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
- Administer and maintain various enterprise technologies including but not limited to access points, wireless devices, PowerShell, Group Policy Objects, Active Directory, SQL, Exchange, SCCM, VMware, and NAS.
- Administer and maintain Windows, AIX, and Linux operating systems.
- Administer and maintain disaster recovery plans and disaster recovery quality assurance tests for the server infrastructure to ensure business continuity.
- Administer and maintain ACL’s, anti-virus, anti-spam, host-based firewalls, internet content filtering, data loss prevention, patch management and various other security elements.
- Administer, recommend, implement, and perform maintenance and upgrades on all backend infrastructure components (servers, storage area networks, routers, switches, firewalls, VPN gateways, etc…). Installs and tests software upgrades.
- Maintenance of strategies for managing and ensuring all enterprise systems are within vendor defined licensing compliance parameters.
- Actively maintains help desk tickets and provide thorough documentation for problem resolution of tickets.
- 5 to 7 years of proven experience in the design, implementation, and maintenance of IT processing systems supporting geographically distributed users.
- Knowledge and experience supporting processing infrastructures consisting of operating system-based desktops, laptops, edge devices, and servers, including integration and deployment methodologies, operations and support, and troubleshooting and restoration.
- Must be able to perform all job functions with minimal supervision in a timely fashion.
- Must be able to evaluate service requests and projects and prioritize as necessary.
- Accuracy, attention to detail, and confidentiality required.
- Requires after-hours, weekends and on-call work as needed.
- 50% travel is required.
At Spahn & Rose we pride ourselves in providing our customers with excellent service and a superior quality product mix, while encouraging our associates to have rewarding careers with potential for advancement. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, disability and 401K and profit sharing plans.
If you are interested in being part of a growing and dynamic organization doing business for over 114 years, we encourage you to apply and submit your resume today!
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Email:||email@example.com|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|