Operator - LoadingEast Dubuque Nitrogen Fertilizers, East Dubuque, IL
This listing has expired
East Dubuque Nitrogen Fertilizers, LLC, located in East Dubuque, Illinois, uses low-cost, North American natural gas to produce nitrogen fertilizer. The plant primarily includes a 1,025 ton-per-day ammonia unit and a 1,100 ton-per-day UAN. The facility is located on a 210-acre, 140-foot bluff above the Mississippi River with access to the river for loading certain products.
This Operations position is responsible for loading of trucks, rail cars and barges with bulk liquid & dry chemicals, including hazardous materials, operating, monitoring, and troubleshooting all equipment in the storage areas. Duties also include, but are not limited to, learning and operating refrigeration, pumping & piping systems related to storing and handling of products.
- Previous experience operating refrigeration, pumping & conveyor systems, and operating mobile equipment are desired.
- Mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- Good understanding of Physics & Chemistry is beneficial.
- General computer proficiency including Word and Excel.
- Fluent in English. Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, desire to advance.
- Load rail cars and tank trucks which requires use of connection and disconnection of loading arms and hoses.
- Ability to work 12-hour swing shifts - including weekends & holidays. Should be available to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to climb stairways, ladders and work on elevated platforms and pipe racks at elevations over 150 feet.
- Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Work in confined spaces.
- Works with minimal supervision.
- Communicate with supervisor regarding work progress, concerns and questions
- Customer service, professional courtesy.
- Paperwork / documentation accuracy.
- Abides by all safety regulations.
- Understands requirements of & role in all governmental regulatory mandates (OSHA, EPA, Dept. of Ag. etc.)
- The successful candidate will be required to qualify during the 180 day probationary period.
- Passing both written & practical exams is expected to successfully complete the probationary period and to continue employment.
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures
Interested candidates must apply though the Careers page on http://www.cvrpartners.com/
This listing has expired
East Dubuque, IL
12 Hour Shift
|Years of Experience||--|