Established in 1904, Spahn & Rose has 24 retail lumber and building material stores in Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin. We pride ourselves in providing our customers with excellent service and a superior quality mix, while encouraging our employees to have rewarding careers with avenues for advancement. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, disability and 401k and profit sharing plans.
If you are interested in joining a growing and dynamic organization that has been in business for over 110 years, we encourage you to apply and submit your resume today!
Established in 1904, Spahn & Rose has 23 retail lumber and building material stores in Iowa, Illinois & Wisconsin. We currently have an opening for a Purchasing Assistant at our corporate office in Dubuque. This position maintains master cost files, items files, and the log of vendor program details relating to rebates and marketing commitments.
- Performs weekly update of commodity products replacement cost.
- Updates non-commodity product price changes to be complete ahead of effective date.
- Updates all product costing to reflect current replacement price.
- Processes all vendor rebates and ensure accurate credits applied to yards supporting the program.
- Tracks all rebates to ensure prompt payment of credits due from vendors.
- Maintains spreadsheet of rebate dollars received as compared to projections.
- Gathers all purchase reports from distributors tied to indirect rebate agreements from manufacturers and submit for payment as directed by the program agreement.
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system for the department. Retrieves information from files when needed. Establishes, develops, maintains and updates library of vendor information.
- Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects. Acts as project manager for special projects which may include: planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, coordinating vendor correspondence.
- Previous experience as an administrative assistant in a fast paced environment.
- Experience in purchasing or a retail environment is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, problem solve and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and follow up skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Proficient PC skills using MS Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Maintain positive relationships with internal/external customers and staff.
At Spahn & Rose we pride ourselves in providing our customers with excellent service and a superior quality product mix, while encouraging our associates to have rewarding careers with potential for advancement. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, disability and 401K and profit sharing plans.
If you are interested in being part of a growing and dynamic organization doing business for over 114 years, we encourage you to apply and submit your resume today!
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Email:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|