RN-InternUnityPoint Health Finley Hospital,
This listing has expired
A CAREER AT UNITYPOINT HEALTH - FINLEY HOSPITAL
UnityPoint Health team members come for a job, but stay for a career. As a team member, regardless of your position, you'll get the chance to change lives on a daily basis in order to deliver our vision of the Best Outcome for Every Patient, Every Time. That privilege drives employees' passion for making a difference in the lives of our patients, helping them create healthier, more rewarding lives.
At UnityPoint Health - Finley Hospital, we know our collective actions determine the experience we create. Our team members strive to work as one through four key values:
* Foster Unity
* Own the Moment
* Champion Excellence
* Seize Opportunity
If you are interested in joining our team, please visit http://www.unitypoint.org/dubuque/employment-opportunities to learn about our many opportunities and to fill out an online application.
ABOUT OUR HOSPITAL
UnityPoint Health Finley Hospital is a 126-bed community hospital. We employ more than 800 full-and-part-time employees. Finley Hospital is a not-for-profit, locally owned, regional healthcare facility part of the UnityPoint Health system. Finley Hospital is committed to bringing the best medical care to the tri-state area. We offer comprehensive, full service health care that is coordinated around our patients. We have consistently been recognized as a leader in health care.
Finley Hospital is offering an 8 week Nursing Internship over the Summer of 2019. The Internship will be available from June 2019 – August 2019. Interns will work 72-80 hours per pay period dependent on the preceptors schedule. The work hours will be 12 hour shifts on days or nights as well as weekend rotations. We will begin conducting interviews and extending offers in March 2019.
In order to be considered for the Internship you must be enrolled in a Summer Internship Course through a Nursing Program and complete each of the following requirements:
- Complete an online application through the Finley Hospital Careers Page
- Attach a current resume
- Attach a current Unofficial College Transcript
- Attach a Recommendation Letter from at least one Clinical Nursing Faculty
- Complete and attach a 250 word essay with a focus on how you will make a positive impact on the patient experience as you enter the profession of Nursing.
Deadline for all required application materials is March 8, 2019
The UnityPoint Health – Finley Summer Internship Program prepares individuals to deliver confident, safe and comprehensive patient care. The program's goals/objectives include:
- Enhanced prioritization, organization and time management skills
- Enhanced communication skills with patients, families, coworkers, and the interdisciplinary team
- Building confidence in performing technical skills
- Developing clinical judgement skills and demonstrating accountability for nursing actions and personal/professional development
- Purposefully conducting all aspects of the job in an ethical manner in support of the hospital's commitment to ethical behavior in all areas of personal and professional activity.
- Bringing any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of department management team or hospital compliance officer.
- Working collaboratively to provide care for an identified group of patients using an interdisciplinary, holistic approach to maintain comfort, support human functions and responses are maintaining an environment conducive to well-being.
- Assisting with the admission assessment and reassessment processes to include patient history, physical/psychosocial assessments, laboratory data, pharmacokinetics, diagnostic tests and patient/family perceptions to formulate nursing diagnosis.
- Assisting with implementing the plan of care according to current standards of nursing practice and hospital protocol.
- Assisting in the continual evaluation of nursing care by assessing patient and family responses and updates the plan of care to reflect the patients and family's changes in needs.
- Providing patient and family education including discharge instructions to assigned patients.
- Implementing measures to promote a safe environment for the patient/family.
- Observe and promptly report any unusual occurrences.
- Participating in documentation, with appropriate co-signature, in activities such as admission assessment, selected patient care activities, discharge instructions and patient education.
- Verbal communication that is clear and precise.
- Computer documentation that is completed in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Collaborating with RN preceptor to identify learning needs related to advanced skills, observational experiences and educational opportunities within the department and hospital setting.
- Complying with established infection control and risk management policies and procedures.
- Maintaining regular and reliable attendance.
- Performing other duties as deemed necessary to meet the hospital's mission and vision.
Must be actively enrolled and successfully completed the 1st year of ADN program or Junior year of BSN program. Must be enrolled in a Summer Internship Course through a Nursing Program.