Network SpecialistClarke University, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Clarke University is a dynamic, Catholic, liberal arts institution of 1200 students in traditional, adult and graduate programs. Located in the thriving city of Dubuque, Iowa, along the Mississippi River, Clarke was founded in 1843 by the Sisters of Charity of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
At Clarke University, everything we do is focused on making an impact on students so they can positively impact the world. For students, this means finding a place where they are empowered to find success that will last forever. For faculty and staff, it means more than just coming to work every day – it means truly being engaged across campus while working to create an experience that always puts students first.
Clarke University faculty and staff enjoy a comprehensive benefits package and a collaborative working environment. Outside of the university, faculty and staff benefit from living and working in a thriving city named one of the “most livable” small cities in the country and one of “Best Green Places” in the country.
For more information, please visit www.clarke.edu.
At Clarke University, everything we do is focused on making an impact on students so they can impact the world. For students, it means a place where more than facts are studied – it means new ways of thinking are explored. For faculty and staff, it means more than just coming to work every day – it means truly collaborating across the university to put student success first. It also means living and working in a thriving city named one of the “most livable” small cities in the country and one of the “best Green Places” in the country.
The university is seeking a detail oriented and organized professional to join our University Information Technology team as a Network Specialist. The professional works at the direction of the CTO and the Senior Network Administrator to provide technical support of the network. The Network Specialist also provides tier II support and back up coverage of the Help Desk.
Duties include the following:
- Assist in supporting the datacenter, switching, copper/fiber optic cabling, servers, wireless network, network access control, network management systems, SCCM, JAMF, virtualization system, enterprise UPS, SAN, firewall, internet, backup systems, disaster recovery, VPN and VPN tunnels.
- Provide tier II support and coverage to the Help desk, and assist with system support to the Datatel team.
- Manage on premise Microsoft server network and cloud-based Microsoft Azure and Office 365 services.
- Install, configure and manage Microsoft, AIX, Linux, macOS and IOS operating systems, SQL databases, and various applications.
- Support network, PC, tablet, and smart phone hardware.
Education and/or Experience
- Three years of progressive enterprise help desk and IT support experience with exposure to physical and virtual servers, core and edge switches, router, firewall, wireless, network appliances, structured copper and fiber optic cabling infrastructure. Exposure to various MS Windows Server, Linux, macOS, and IOS, and network management utilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM related field or commensurate experience.
- Be able to address network and PC security issues and concerns.
- Experience working with PC, mobile, and printer technologies in an enterprise network environment.
- Exposure to internet, Unix and network protocols and subsystems including TCP/IP, DNS, Named, network masks, subnets, DHCP, and radius.
- Application servers – email, Spam filter, departmental and enterprise databases.
- Advanced knowledge of office productivity applications including, word processing, spreadsheet, and database.
- Excellent communication, organization, and problem-solving skills.
To apply for this position, please upload a cover letter and resume online at http://clarke.applicantpool.com/jobs. Resume review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.