Flexsteel Industries, Inc. is a seating specialist with more than 116 years of experience creating fine upholstered furniture for residential, commercial and vehicle installations.
With corporate headquarters in Dubuque, Iowa, Flexsteel encompasses a nation-wide network of manufacturing facilities with operations in Dublin, Georgia; Harrison, Arkansas; Louisville, Kentucky; Riverside, California; and Starkville, Mississippi. More than 1750 associates are employed at Flexsteel facilities, with 350 associates employed in Dubuque.
Flexsteel is named for the unique flexible blue steel seat spring which offers durability and comfort, backed by one of the furniture industry's few lifetime limited warranties.
For more information, visit http://www.Flexsteel.com.
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. offers a competitive salary, along with an excellent full-time benefits package including:
- 10 days vacation starting
- 9 paid holidays
- one of the best health/dental/vision benefits plan in the Dubuque area
- excellent 401k contributions
- a friendly, supportive work environment
- Flexsteel furniture discounts
- professional growth opportunities
Coordinate New Product introductions into manufacturing operations. The Product Launch Engineer will be directly involved in the final stages of New Product Development, especially ensuring a smooth and complete handover to the Manufacturing team(s) for a successful first production.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate introductions of New Products into manufacturing operations, including:
- Plan and prepare for Pilot Runs;
- Coordinate with Purchasing to order new materials;
- Work with Manufacturing Operations to plan, design, and produce new tooling and fixtures (as required for New Products);
- Prepare capital requests (AFEs) for new tooling and fixtures (as required);
- Coordinate changes required as outcome of Pilot Runs;
- Support Plant Quality for Release to Production of New Products;
- Coordinate with Inside Sales on timing of first production availability;
- Prepare customer required product documentation of New Products.
- Communicate regularly with design engineering team regarding new frame designs and coordinate timing for new product prototypes and production.
- Identify obsolete products and initiate material run-out processes.
- Communicate regularly with Manufacturing Operations and Manufacturing Engineering to identify new and upcoming manufacturing practices and equipment, and convey that information to the PD&E team.
- Identify areas for Continuous Improvement of products and/or business processes to improve on safety, cost, speed, and quality.
- Lead/coordinate problem solving and root-cause analysis
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Degree in Engineering. Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or related field from an accredited institution;
- 3-5 years’ experience working on new product development projects;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with other associates & departments;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong organization and time management skills;
- Highly proficient in using Microsoft Excel;
- Experienced in using Microsoft Project or other project management software;
- Experienced in using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- 3-5 years’ experience working in the furniture industry or other manufacturing company;
- Quality engineering experience;
- Knowledge and experience with SAP;
- Experience using Solidworks 3D CAD.
EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran
Please apply online at http://www.flexsteel.com/about-us/careers
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|