Financial Analyst/AccountantFlexsteel Industries, Inc, Dubuque, IA Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. is a seating specialist with more than 120 years of experience creating fine upholstered furniture for residential, commercial and vehicle installations.
With corporate headquarters in Dubuque, Iowa, Flexsteel encompasses a nation-wide network of manufacturing facilities with operations in Dublin, Georgia; Louisville, Kentucky; Dubuque, IA; and Starkville, MS. Flesteel also has distribution centers in Kansas, Indiana, California, and Pennsylvania. More than 1750 associates are employed at Flexsteel facilities, with 350 associates employed in Dubuque.
Flexsteel is named for the unique flexible blue steel seat spring which offers durability and comfort, backed by one of the furniture industry's few lifetime limited warranties.
For more information, visit http://www.Flexsteel.com.
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. offers a competitive salary, along with an excellent full-time benefits package including:
- 10 days vacation starting
- 9 paid holidays
- one of the best health/dental/vision benefits plan in the Dubuque area
- excellent 401k contributions
- a friendly, supportive work environment
- Flexsteel furniture discounts
- professional growth opportunities
Performs general accounting & finance functions and maintains a robust financial control environment for the operations.
Supervises and directs office workforce per company policies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for preparation of the monthly cost center financial statement in accordance with corporate requirements and deadlines. Perform variance analysis and review operating results with site leadership team to identify opportunities to drive efficiency and cost reductions.
- Partner with corporate finance and site leadership teams to establish and report on Key Performance Indicators for the operations.
- Responsible for ensuring inventory transactions are executed and recorded accurately, timely, and in accordance with corporate requirements. Ensure perpetual and book records are reviewed & reconciled on a periodic basis. Direct physical inventory and/or cycle count procedures as required.
- Establish and implement procedures to identify, record, and disposition Excess & Obsolete inventory. Partner with production and sourcing teams to establish processes to minimize on hand inventory levels and cost of write-downs.
- Evaluate and measure ROI / Payback on capital expenditures.
- Assist with the development and execution of product standard costing procedures as required.
- Provides financial data to management for decision making & provides input and recommendations as necessary.
- Analyzes cost variances, determines root causes and prepares recommendations and alternatives for improvements.
- Administers and maintains internal controls in accordance with corporate policy and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements within the facility.
- Assists in preparation of annual facility operating plan.
- Works with facility leadership on special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Supervises and maintains an efficient office work force. Identifies and executes efficiency opportunities in systems and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- B.A. in Accounting or equivalent related experience.
- Minimum 5 years accounting/finance experience.
- Accounting / finance experience within a manufacturing environment preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and team collaboration
- Management/supervisory experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop others
EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran
Please apply online at http://www.flexsteel.com/about-us/careers
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|