Simon’s Trucking, Inc. is a family owned business that was established in 1946 with a fleet of two trucks that primarily hauled agricultural products throughout Iowa and the tri-states. Throughout the years Simon’s has continued to grow from a regional trucking company hauling bulk agricultural products to a premier trucking company offering transportation services to all 48 states and Canada through its van and refrigerated trailer operations.
Today Simon’s Trucking has achieved double digit growth since the 1990’s and is currently operating 115 tractors and over 300 trailers.
President and CEO Roger Simon and his team of professionals have built Simon’s Trucking to a highly regarded transportation carrier of manufactured and consumer products with a reputation for dependable, on-time, and safe delivery.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Use provided marketing material to generate interest from provided applicants along with generating your own additional leads.
- Handle inbound and outbound calls from potential drivers concerning possible employment and inform drivers of the available positions based on their experience and hiring zones.
- Pre-qualify drivers to ensure they meet qualifications and hiring guidelines by conducting phone interviews, completing the driver's application, reviewing job history background checks, moving violations, and accidents for all potential drivers.
- Finalize the hiring process by scheduling the driver for orientation and organize arrangements for travel and lodging.
- Work with other departments to review questionable applicants.
- Assists with various company projects involving competitors' information gathering, driver retention efforts, company morale projects and company public relations events.
- Conduct Driver Orientation
- When time allows assist in driver safety functions
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in recruiting or call center.
- Knowledge of hiring procedures, DOT regulations and the transportation industry is a plus.
- Capable of using good judgment and discretion to accomplish goals and work requirements.
- Ability to work in a fast paced sales environment.
- Must have good computer skills and be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Build relationships and rapport with current and future employees.
|Years of Experience||--|