Marketing InternDubuque Community YMCA/YWCA, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Learn, Grow and Thrive with a Career at the Y
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Y, you’ll discover more than a job—you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you. In more than 10,000 communities nationwide, our staff members—of all ages and from diverse back–grounds and life experiences—enjoy the personal satisfaction that comes from nurturing the potential of youth and teens, improving the nation’s health and well-being and providing support to our neighbors.
The Y is, and always will be, dedicated to building healthy, confident, connected and secure children, adult, families and communities. Everyday our impact is felt when an individual makes a healthy choice, when a mentor inspires a child and when a community comes together for the common good.
With a focus on YOUTH DEVELOPMENT, HEALTHY LIVING, SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, ELIMINATING RACISM, and EMPOWERING WOMEN, strengthening communities is our cause. At the Y, we believe that lasting personal and social change happens when we all work together. Every day we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living, social responsibility, eliminating racism and empowering women. The Marketing Intern will be responsible for assisting in the marketing and fund development department to ensure our programs, events and promotions are effective and align with the organization’s goals.
- Assist in the development and launch of marketing materials.
- Assist in collecting and summarizing promotional data and results.
- Assist in the planning, execution and involvement in special events.
- Assist in adapting material to meet local community conditions and needs.
- Help to develop new and innovative fundraising events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Effective communicator
- Effective verbal, presentation and listening skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to coordinate and implement a community based event
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Stress management skills
- Time management skills
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.