Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) InstructorNortheast Iowa Community College, Peosta, IA
This listing has expired
Northeast Iowa Community College (NICC) serves the transfer, career and technical education needs of our region’s residents, businesses and industries in a district area that encompasses eight counties and approximately 5,000 sq. miles. More than 28,400 students enroll in Business and Community Solutions courses and academic certificate, diploma and degree programs every year. NICC offers associate’s degrees and general education courses that readily transfer to four-year colleges and universities, and state-of-the-art technology and lab areas that prepare students for high demand careers.
The College has two primary campuses in Peosta and Calmar, and seven service locations in Cresco, Dubuque, Manchester, New Hampton, Oelwein and Waukon, that offer convenient amenities, services, educational resources and computer labs for students.
As one of northeast Iowa’s largest employers, the College employs 680 faculty and staff members, and the average tenure of all part-time and full-time faculty is 12 years.
2. This position requires an equal balance to teaching theory and the hands-on knowledge, skills, and abilities to prepare students to successfully perform/demonstrate competencies consistent with the rigors of the programs curriculum. Successful performance of duties requires competency and comprehensive understanding of all phases of HVAC such as:
3. Must possess excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills; and the physical ability to perform teaching responsibilities.
2. Must possess demonstrated scholarly achievement; organizational and management skills; and interests and abilities commensurate with the needs and goals of the program.
3. Must possess computer literacy skills including a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
4. Must possess necessary skills to organize develop, relevant curriculum and teach/evaluate student performance.
5. Must regularly engage in professional development activities, staying abreast of technological advances.