Athletic TrainerUniversity of Dubuque, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
About the University of Dubuque
The University of Dubuque is a private, Presbyterian, coeducational, professional university with a foundation in the liberal arts. Our commitment is to nurturing the mind, body, and spirit as well as encouraging students to explore their fullest potential, is part of a rich Christian identity that dates back to the University's founding in 1852. Our welcoming interfaith community of 2000 students attracts young men and women from across the country and around the globe who seek the knowledge and the skills to make a difference in our ever-changing world. Within a values and faith base, we offer you an array of perspectives and broad exposure to our truly global society. The University comprises the undergraduate college, the graduate school, and the theological seminary.
Mission and Vision
The University of Dubuque is a private university offering undergraduate, graduate, and theological seminary degrees, and other educational opportunities with the intention of educating and forming the whole person. The University is comprised of individuals from the region, our nation, and the world.
As a community, the University practices its Christian commitments by educating students, pursuing excellence in scholarship, challenging students to live lives of worth and purpose, and preparing students for service to the church and the world.
Therefore, the University of Dubuque is committed to:
- A hospitable Christian environment which respects other faith traditions;
- Relationships which encourage intellectual, spiritual, and moral development;
- Excellence in academic inquiry and professional preparation;
- A diverse and equitable community where Christian love is practiced;
- Stewardship of all God’s human and natural resources;
- Zeal for life-long learning and service.
The University of Dubuque is a growing University that is seeking an Athletic Trainer. The University of Dubuque offers a competitive wage and an excellent benefits package including tuition remission, paid holidays, 4 weeks’ vacation and sick time. As well as contributes to retirement and life insurance.
- Provide the highest level of health care for a diverse population of student-athletes and various NCAA Division III sports
- Onsite care and management of injuries and illnesses including: prevention, evaluation, management and rehabilitation
- Assess risk of injury, perform ergonomic evaluation and coaching, self-care implementation and overall wellness promotion
- Coordinate and implement injury prevention programs and customized preventative strategies and programs to each patient
- Minimize risk of injury through awareness, education and prevention strategies
- Provide accommodation recommendations, related to sport, for student athletes with restrictions or limitations
- Communicate with physicians and coaching staff regarding the injury status of athletes
- Carry-out medical care for student-athletes per sports medicine standard operating procedures
- Responsible for administrative and other duties as assigned by supervisor
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: Current CPR/AED Certification and hold BOC Certification
- Bachelor's Degree in Athletic Training from a CAATE accredited athletic training program. Preferred Master’s Degree in related field, 1-2 years of experience (athletic training graduate assistant work is accepted as experience)
- Iowa Licensure or eligible
- Applied knowledge of a large range of medical problems. Assessment, evaluation skills and working with other healthcare professionals will be required
- Ability to think critically and make independent decisions regarding the assessment, treatment, rehabilitation and return to play decisions per state licensure guidelines
- Ability to communicate effectively in high stress/pressure situation
- Ability to organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks with little or no supervision
- Ability to lift 100 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
To apply with a growing University for the Athletic Trainer position, please submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and UD employment application, located on our website, to HR@dbq.edu or to the Director of Human Resources, at the University of Dubuque, 2000 University Avenue, Dubuque, IA 52001.
Applications from qualified persons with diverse backgrounds and cultures, including women and persons of color, are welcomed. AA/EEO
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|