Clarke University is a dynamic, Catholic, liberal arts institution of 1200 students in traditional, adult and graduate programs. Located in the thriving city of Dubuque, Iowa, along the Mississippi River, Clarke was founded in 1843 by the Sisters of Charity of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
At Clarke University, everything we do is focused on making an impact on students so they can positively impact the world. For students, this means finding a place where they are empowered to find success that will last forever. For faculty and staff, it means more than just coming to work every day – it means truly being engaged across campus while working to create an experience that always puts students first.
Clarke University faculty and staff enjoy a comprehensive benefits package and a collaborative working environment. Outside of the university, faculty and staff benefit from living and working in a thriving city named one of the “most livable” small cities in the country and one of “Best Green Places” in the country.
For more information, please visit www.clarke.edu.
At Clarke University, everything we do is focused on making an impact on students so they can positively impact the world. For students, it means a place where more than facts are studied – it means new ways of thinking are explored. For faculty and staff, it means more than just coming to work every day – it means truly collaborating across the university to put student success first. It also means living and working in a thriving city named one of the “most livable” small cities in the country and one of “Best Green Places” in the country.
The university is currently seeking a qualified individual to assume the role of Corporate/Foundation Grants and Research Officer. Under the direction of the Vice President for Institutional Advancement, the Corporate/Foundation Grants and Research Officer is responsible for researching, writing, initiating and editing grant proposals securing financial support for Clarke University. Additionally, this position is responsible for coordinating the institution’s prospect research program, which directly supports University leaders.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Generate private, corporate and federal foundation support for the University by establishing annual and long range goals in conjunction with the overall fundraising goals of the Institutional Advancement Office.
- Research private and federal grant-making foundations and corporations and match university priorities with foundation priorities by sharing information with appropriate faculty, staff and administrators.
- Serve as an Institutional Advancement liaison with the academic deans to maintain open lines of communication with academic departments regarding upcoming projects and initiatives for special project support and promotion.
- Serve as the primary prospect researcher for the Institutional Advancement Office by identifying new potential prospects and providing full research support for the University President, Vice President for Institutional Advancement and President Emerita.
- Prepare personal presentations to foundation/corporation contacts in conjunction with the University President or Vice President for Institutional Advancement and participate in occasional personal visits while maintaining regular communication via phone and email.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and a minimum of one to three years of grant writing is required. Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills and be highly organized. Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or similar donor management software preferred. Must have the ability to work with and motivate a variety of people within a complex and changing environment with multiple projects and deadlines. Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends is required.
To apply for this position, please upload a resume online at http://clarke.applicantpool.com. Resume review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|