Development Database CoordinatorNational Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
The National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium is owned and operated by the Dubuque County Historical Society, which also operates the Mathias Ham Historic Site. The River Museum and Mathias Ham Historic Site together see over 200,000 visitors and manage outreach programs that serve over 50,000 more. Part aquarium, part museum, part science center, it is the mission of the institution to inspire stewardship by creating educational experiences where history and rivers come alive. The organization employees more than 90 full- and part-time employees.
The Dubuque County Historical Society (DCHS) is seeking a Development Database Coordinator to provide support to the Development Operations team. They will be responsible for supporting the integrity of our donor database system, Altru (Blackbaud), for the department and its constituents. This role will assist in implementing and maintaining standard operating procedures using the Altru database and will work collaboratively with the team to create systems and reporting tools that promote decision making. They will be a key member in the day-to-day Altru needs of the Development Department.
The Development Database Coordinator will report to the Senior Manager, Development Operations.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide overall database maintenance and support for the DCHS donor database practices
- Process receipts and acknowledgements of gifts, grants, and pledges for the development department
- Maintain database integrity and guarantee clean departmental records by supporting data input and export standards
- Maintain department files and development contacts for the express use by and benefit of the organization
- Manage and track donor communication in Altru with recent actions, appeals and donations
- Execute all department list pulls for different Development functions including event invitations, standard communications and appeals, and special acquisition campaign appeals
- Sustain tracking systems used among all giving areas including RSVPs for ongoing events, development availability for performances, and benefit usage for specific giving programs
- Assist in mass data update needs to donor records including solicitation changes and ad hoc data appends
- Provide support in testing online behavior with the web development team
- Assist the Senior Manager, Development Operations with reporting and analysis needs of the Development department
- Assist in onboarding new development staff members with training of database operation standards
- Assist in coordinating bulk mailings for fundraising purposes
- Assist in strategizing new ideas to reach annual fund goals
- Assist the Special Events team and Development Officers at donor events throughout the year, as needed
- Participate in Altru training courses where applicable
Perform additional duties as assigned requirements: You will be responsible for maintenance, integrity, and optimization of donor database system (Altru/Blackbaud). Experience with fundraising database software, Altru a product of Blackbaud system; proficiency in MS Word and Outlook, with advanced knowledge of Excel preferred. As a team member, the ability and desire to work cooperatively with others. The ability to express oneself clearly and concisely in conversations and in business writing. Strong attention to detail and accuracy in recording information. Skills to manage time appropriately, set priorities and tasks, and work efficiently.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree or higher • 3+ years’ experience with Blackbaud Altru, or other donor database systems preferred • Demonstrated organizational discipline and attention to detail • Ability to describe database functions and requirements to colleagues • Provides support as needed to Directors, Vice President and CEO • Able to think and work independently, while providing input and strategy for the purposes of moving the organization further through Development • Exhibits an ability and attitude relative to the spirit of the Museum & Aquarium as required by specific job duties and functions.
The Dubuque County Historical Society is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the museum field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status. This is a Non-Exempt position, according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Start date for this position will be March 1, 2019.
This listing has expired
Arts and Entertainment
Volunteer and Non-profit
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|