Human Resource GeneralistParco, Ltd. - Wendys & Old Chicago, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Parco is the Dubuque-based franchisee for a number of regional Wendy's restaurants.
The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for the planning, administration, implementation and development of policies/procedures and employee benefits, compensation and training programs for the Organization. This position ensures high quality human resources services are provided to internal staff of Parco, Ltd and ROC Taproom Inc. The role requires collaborative working relationships with all necessary departments in the performance of its operations.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages and administers the employee benefit programs for the Organization.
- Advises employees and management on the interpretation of benefit policies, programs and procedures.
- Identifies and monitors payroll vendor performance standards to ensure effective service.
- Analyzes benefit programs, compares vendor/benefit options and makes recommendations to management on benefit programs and costs for the Organization.
- Oversees the daily processing of health insurance and 401(k) enrollments.
Policy & Procedure functions
- Develops, implements and evaluates human resources policies and procedures for the entire Organization including, but not limited to, hiring, disciplinary actions, terminations, payroll, compensation and benefits.
- Provides guidance, assistance and, in some cases, directs executive management, General Managers, District Managers and Store Managers and Supervisors within the Organization on employee relations issues including, but not limited to, hiring, promotions and policies and procedures.
- Evaluates, analyzes, updates or develops employee and management handbook for the Organization.
- Coordinates and files all unemployment cases including gathering proper documentation, fling reports with proper authorities, handling and facilitating hearing calls, filing appeals as necessary.
- Maintains a current understanding and knowledge of the latest human resources regulations at the state and federal level; implements human resources policies and procedures that are in compliance with these regulations.
- Oversees the workers’ compensation function to ensure accurate and timely reporting.
- Places and manages all recruitment ads, advise ways to help increase application flow.
- Facilitates the needs to Manager Trainees including follow up on schedules and travel arrangements.
- Coordinates training information and materials for District Managers through Wendy’s International.
- Conducts necessary annual training sessions including, but not limited to, sexual harassment training.
Compensation/performance management functions
- Conducts annual review of compensation ranges set by President, including market pricing of positions.
- Recommends salary ranges, structure and increases to President for Organization.
- Develops job descriptions for Organization positions.
- Provides updates and requested reports to Office Manager and/or President.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of effective human resources practices, policies, procedures, laws and regulations as they relate to human resources.
- Ability to understand and analyze benefit plan information.
- Ability to implement human resources policies within the Organization.
- Ability to analyze compensation trends and market information in order to develop and recommend competitive pay practices for the Organization.
- Ability to understand and counsel directors, managers, supervisors and all employees in various employee relations issues to be resolved in the most positive outcome.
- Demonstration of strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Demonstration of excellent written, oral and listening communication skills.
- Ability to work with others in the completion of department duties.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles to operate a business.
- Ability to develop interpersonal relationships with coworkers and managers such that job performance meets or exceeds expectations.
- Ability to perform duties in accordance with Parco management philosophy and values.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university in human resources, business management, or related business degree.
- Two to five years of experience in human resources.
- Two to five years directly dealing with employee benefit and 401(k) programs.
Send resume and cover letter to:
R & R Restaurant Group
998 Fremont Avenue
Dubuque IA 52003
Or email: email@example.com