SR. SALES MANAGER-ASSOCIATION & SMERF MARKETS REMOTE (IL, WI, IA)Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa, Galena, IL Chicago, IL
This listing has expired
Located on 6,800 acres amid the rolling hills of northwestern Illinois, Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa is a full-spectrum resort complex, located just a few miles east of historic Galena. Recently honored by Travel + Leisure Golf as the Midwest’s "Best Golf Resort" and by Corporate & Incentive Travel magazine with the "Greens of Distinction" award, the property provides a superior golf experience, with 63 holes on four award winning courses.
Other amenities include the tranquil Stonedrift Spa, which provides a complete sensory experience, and a state-of-the-art fitness center with a beautiful indoor pool, sauna, hot tub and steam room. The property is also home to three distinctive restaurants, including Woodlands Restaurant, Woodstone Restaurant, and Paisanos. Recommended by outlets, including Conde Nast Traveler, Midwest Living, Better Homes & Gardens, and Wine Enthusiast, the property also provides the perfect setting to an incredible selection of outdoor activities, including miles of biking, hiking and horseback trails, as well as tennis, hot air balloon rides, boating and fishing, on the picturesque 220-acre Lake Galena.
JOB TITLE: SR. SALES MANAGER-ASSOCIATION & SMERF MARKETS REMOTE (IL, WI, IA)
DEPARTMENT: SALES AND MARKETING
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF SALES AND MARKETING
ISSUE DATE: 01/31/2019
PURPOSE AND PERFORMANCE GOALS
Meets and exceeds revenue goals by developing new accounts and growing current hotel accounts in a profitable and win-win selling approach.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct sales: Targets results-oriented high revenue potential sales calls to ensure a successful direct sales program, in accordance with goals established by department budget and marketing plan. Must have own reliable transportation and possess a valid state drivers license in order to make sales calls.
- Key account management: Maximizes current hotel key accounts by identifying and capturing those that offer revenue growth.
- New account development: 90% of this position is expected to generate new business by soliciting competitor's accounts through the following but certainly not limited to networking, research, and reader board activity. Acquires referrals from existing accounts and follows up on all leads within a working day of receipt in an effort to create new business for the hotel. Plans and implements an on-going targeted account list in order to create new revenue and acquire valuable hotel contacts, and contracts. Continually targets and prospects for new business through telemarketing, individual creativity, community involvement, relationship building and innovation.
- Yield management: Utilizes yield management techniques by negotiating the most profitable room rates and function space commitments in order to enhance the hotel's financial performance.
- Account service and management: Maintains well-documented, accurate, organized and up-to-date file management system in order to serve client and employer in the most expedient, organized and knowledgeable manner. Develops strong customer relationships through frequent communication and the use of professional, courteous and ethical interpersonal interaction. Develops customer profiles and maintains an effective trace system, including trace dates and references, in order to best meet client needs, resulting in superior account service and increased revenues. Promptly follows-up on all customer needs and inquiries in an efficient and expedient manner.
- Product knowledge: Conducts research, surveys, personal investigation and studies market place and territory in order to effectively capitalize on the hotel's strengths and competitor's weaknesses and capabilities.
- Time management: Focuses on revenue-producing activity and maximizes selling time by dedicating time on direct sales efforts.
- Professionalism: Controls expenses while traveling on the property's behalf in order to minimize department and hotel costs. Represents themselves and the hotel with the highest level of integrity and professionalism, a service-focused approach, and a caring, sincere attitude at all times. Exhibits a positive and involved team attitude to all hotel departments and maintains open communications with all co-workers for the best overall performance of the hotel. Displays a neat, clean, and business-like appearance at all times.
- Administration: Achieves activity goals as established by management and completes all reports and assignments in an accurate and timely fashion. Contributes to the hotel's overall sales effort during planning and strategy phases through research and knowledgeable input.
- Community/Trade Involvement: Actively participates in those community and trade organizations that most benefit the hotel's exposure to the community and the hotel's bottom line. Performs other duties as assigned or deemed necessary by management.
- Experience in the SMERF and Association Markets.
- Knowledge of yield management
- Highly developed customer service skills
- Highly developed sales skills
- Requires effective business writing skills.
- Knowledge of Delphi or other CRM systems
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Minimum of college degree in Hospitality Management or equivalent. 7 years minimum in Hospitality Sales with an emphasis in Association and the SMERF markets.
Excellent speech communication skills are required to communicate both in person and via telephone with guests, associates and corporate contacts in a professional and extensive manner. Excellent literacy is required.
Ability to calculate amounts such as discounts, percentages, package breakdowns, and the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Must be able to make appropriate judgments regarding the solving of practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Must be knowledgeable in all aspects of the catering and events business, including service, room styles, and services offered, menu design, set up and tear down.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by the hotel from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Due to the fact that the hotel provides guest services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, any employee may be required to work at the hotel as requested.
I have read and understand all of the above. I have reviewed the duties for which I am responsible, and understand this job description may be modified in writing at any time. This job description excludes marginal functions, incidental duties and special projects which I may be required to perform when assigned. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract and that I am employed by ________________________, ______________, _________ on an "at-will" basis.
Signature _________________________ (Associate) Date _____________
Signature_________________________ (Human Resources) Date _____________
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||5-10 Years|