Purchasing AssistantPSSI, Kieler, WI
From Taco Tuesdays to 60th-anniversary dinners, we’re in the business of protecting moments. At Packers Sanitation Services, Inc. (PSSI), people are at the heart of everything we do: our people and the those around the world whose food we work steadfastly to protect.
We lead the way for food protection with over 17,000 employees and over 500 food processing facilities that we service throughout North America. We serve as primary partners with plants both small and large. With more than 45 years in the business, our company is backed by a unique value-driven culture and entrepreneurial spirit that sets us on a path of continued growth in our industry.
We have an immediate opening for a Purchasing Assistant at our Corporate office, in Kieler, WI. Please see below for Job Description and more details.
A Purchasing Staff Accountant receives purchase requests from various departments within the company, researches information and processes orders. Additionally, their responsibilities include communicating with vendors regarding ordering errors, delayed or missed deliveries and other discrepancies. This position currently resides within the Purchasing team, but it may subsequently report to the Accounts Payable team; functions and job duties are expected to remain similar in either department.
Primary Position responsibilities:
- Receive orders from the field
- Enter purchase orders into the Accounting system
- Send orders to vendor
- Purchase order receiving
- Process Vendor invoice for payment
- Follow up on back orders
- Communicate with field operations personnel
- Reconcile receipts (based on inventory sheets received from the field) to open PO’s
- Verify ending inventories in the accounting system to inventory sheets received from the field
- Peers within Controller Group
- Other Functions (Payroll, IT, etc)
- Operations (Area VP’s, Managers, etc.)
- External Auditors
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
- Person must have an understanding of the functions within the accounting system including the various general ledger accounts
If interested, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, February 11th, 2019.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Email:||email@example.com|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|