Corporate AccountantFlexsteel Industries Inc, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. is a seating specialist with more than 116 years of experience creating fine upholstered furniture for residential, commercial and vehicle installations.
With corporate headquarters in Dubuque, Iowa, Flexsteel encompasses a nation-wide network of manufacturing facilities with operations in Dublin, Georgia; Harrison, Arkansas; Louisville, Kentucky; Riverside, California; and Starkville, Mississippi. More than 1750 associates are employed at Flexsteel facilities, with 350 associates employed in Dubuque.
Flexsteel is named for the unique flexible blue steel seat spring which offers durability and comfort, backed by one of the furniture industry's few lifetime limited warranties.
For more information, visit http://www.Flexsteel.com.
Do you have impeccable attention to detail and work well in a fast-paced, collaborative environment? If so, you may make a great fit on our growing Corporate Finance team. Flexsteel Industries is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Corporate Accountant. This role participates in the internal audit programs and provides technical reports and special analysis as needed. Qualified applicants will contribute to the development of accounting systems and procedures and assist with corporate costing projects. If you’re interested in joining one of the largest national manufacturers, importers, and exporters of furnishings in North America, and have an interest in helping us grow, consider applying today.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in the annual Sarbanes-Oxley testing.
- Prepares government surveys and questionnaires as required.
- Prepares financial information for internal and governmental reports.
- Assists in the compilation of annual income tax data.
- Assists with corporate costing programs as directed.
- Assists in consolidation of corporate payroll tax returns.
- Maintains corporate files and collects historical data.
- Completes special projects as assigned and reports to supervisor.
- Participates in month-end close process, preparing journal entries and reconciling balance sheet accounts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree required, in Accounting or equivalent background
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Attention to detail
- Previous experience or exposure to SAP, AS400, and/or JD Edwards is helpful
- Ability to complete projects and tasks independently
- 10-15% travel is required
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package:
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- 2 weeks of vacation (prorated at start date)
- Additional time off for sick or personal reasons as needed.
- 9 paid federal holidays and one floating holiday
- Section 125 Medical Flex/Dependent Care Reimbursement program.
- Employee discounts with select cell phone carriers.
- Tuition reimbursement opportunities.
- Robust 401(K) with up to 5% matching and counseling services available.
- Performance-based bonuses.
- Employee Assistance Plan which includes guidance from plan administrators.
Other reasons you may want to consider Flexsteel:
- Associate discounts on furniture… yep, you heard that right!
- Free coffee whenever you need it.
- Free covered parking.
- We are a fun collaborative environment where people matter.
- Opportunity to grow your career with the 8th largest manufacturer of furniture in the U.S.
- Casual and flexible work environment.
- We are grounded in purpose: From the Flexsteel family to yours…we’re committed to creating comfort where your life happens.
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. offers a competitive salary, along with an excellent full-time benefits package, paid holidays, a friendly, supportive work environment, Flexsteel furniture discounts, and professional growth opportunities.
EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran
Please apply online at http://www.flexsteel.com/about-us/careers
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|