Industrial Mechanic/PdM TechnicianEast Dubuque Nitrogen Fertilizers, East Dubuque, IL
This listing has expired
East Dubuque Nitrogen Fertilizers, LLC, located in East Dubuque, Illinois, uses low-cost, North American natural gas to produce nitrogen fertilizer. The plant primarily includes a 1,025 ton-per-day ammonia unit and a 1,100 ton-per-day UAN. The facility is located on a 210-acre, 140-foot bluff above the Mississippi River with access to the river for loading certain products.
This position is responsible for troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining plant mechanical equipment, including large compressors, pumps generators, turbines, valves, and conveying equipment in a nitrogen plant in accordance with vendor recommendations and established plant procedures. This position will work closely with reliability engineers on PdM programs, equipment improvement upgrades, and proactive maintenance practices. Also, maintain a safe working environment to include good housekeeping practices and compliance with all applicable environmental, health, and safety policies.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- Minimum of 4 years of experience involving the maintenance of industrial process or power plant equipment
- Experience with different bearing types along with their applications, mounting clearances and lubrication
- Working knowledge of centrifugal and positive displacement pumps, including the different components of each, theory of operation, and process applications
- Working Knowledge of couplings, different types of couplings, coupling alignment, the purpose of the alignment and how the alignment is performed
- Knowledge of belt and chain drive systems and how they are installed and aligned
- Understanding of Steam Turbines, Centrifugal Compressors and Reciprocating Compressors; their operation, major components and the advantages / disadvantage of each
- Working knowledge of gearboxes, different components and their purpose
- Understanding of heat exchangers, boilers, and condensers and their theory of operation
- Experience in working with piping systems, including fittings, flanges, and valves
- Level II vibration certification (category III)
- Balancing certification for precision balancing of rotating equipment
- Level II Airborne Ultrasound certification
- Machinery Lubrication Technician (MLT) Level I preferred
- Level I IR certification preferred
- Install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain plant mechanical equipment, including large compressors, pumps, generators, turbines, valves, conveying equipment, and other plant support equipment
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and investigate any irregularities and malfunctions
- Perform routine inspections by observing mechanical devices in operation and recommend necessary repairs
- Perform critical equipment alignments, mechanical seal repairs, overhaul and repairs of rotating and reciprocating equipment
- Operate and repair various types of forklifts, end-loaders, man-lifts, and other portable equipment
- Perform simple civil work, such as – concrete foundation installation, framing, sheathing, roofing, excavating, and scaffold inspection and erection
- Read and interpret mechanical and process procedures, drawings, and P&ID's
- Actively participate in Failure Root Cause Analyses
- Perform or participate in other tasks as required to support maintenance responsibilities including, but not limited to - plant cleanliness, warehouse operations, outage planning and execution, and continuous improvement initiatives
- Possess a basic understanding of equipment and functions such that the individual can identify current or potential problems allowing the maintenance team to perform proactive repairs prior to equipment failure.
- Work closely with reliability engineers on PdM programs, equipment improvement upgrades, and proactive maintenance practices.
- Able to work extended shift hours, call-outs, holidays, weekends and overtime
- Able to climb stairs and ladders, work in hot and cold environments, lift up to 50 pounds, work in confined spaces, work at elevations of up to 200 feet, work over water
- Able to wear all required personal protective equipment (hard hat, safety glasses, hearing protection, latex/rubber/leather gloves, safety shoes and respirator) as needed
- Adhere to company environmental, health, and safety policies & procedures
- The successful candidate will be required to qualify during the 180 day probationary period.
- Passing both written & practical exams is expected to successfully complete the probationary period and to continue employment.
Interested candidates must apply through the Careers page on http://www.cvrpartners.com/
This listing has expired
East Dubuque, IL
Skilled Labor Trades
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|