Shop SupervisorUniversal Tank & Fabrication, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Universal Tank & Fabrication was built from the ground up on the belief that integrity matters. Integrity runs throughout our 43,000 square foot facility making Universal the best fabrication and ASME-certified pressure vessel manufacturer in the country. We believe personally and collectively in the importance of operational excellence, which is why we invest heavily in people, equipment and ongoing process improvements throughout our organization. Honest and trustworthy service consistently bring greater value to our customers in the way of project flexibility, quality, performance, cost minimization, and delivery.
Universal Tank & Fabrication is a fast paced, growing company headquartered in Dubuque, Iowa with a second operation located in Houston, Texas. We are actively seeking a full time Shop Supervisor to join our Iowa team on 1st shift. UTF offers a competitive benefit package which includes annual performance reviews, annual performance-based bonuses, free uniforms, a 401 (k) match, as well as attendance, rework, and safety incentives that can amount to $1,100 per year. Join our team and become part of an organization that is as equally committed to our employees as we are our customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
We pride ourselves on showing our customers and employees trust, honor, and integrity. Qualified candidates must be driven to deliver the highest quality products on the market, while providing outstanding customer service.
- Assign job duties to all Associates, based off of instruction from Plant Manager
- Teach, train, implement, and follow through of Customer, ASME, and Universal Tank & Fabrication’s Quality requirements
- Review and sign off of fit up, back gouge, final welds, and finished product (internal and external) as required for Quality compliance
- Provide ongoing proactive leadership by setting a good example for others to follow in all areas including UTF rules and regulations, manufacturing processes, quality, safety, production, attendance and all other UTF standards
- Update progress on the production schedule as required
- Setup shop for optimal efficiencies on a project by project basis as required
- Answer questions regarding drawing details and interpretation, attaining answers from engineering as necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior supervisory experience required
- Above average mechanical, problem solving, math, and blueprint skills
- Good knowledge of hand-operated power tools, with a solid mechanical aptitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to manage a large number of projects at a time
- Must possess a valid driver's license (Class B CDL preferred but not required) Periodic travel may be required
- Knowledge in metal fabrication manufacturing preferred
- Must possess the ability to run manufacturing equipment with a high level of confidence
- Must fit through manways of tanks/be able to access tanks to check for quality, etc.
- Pre-employment drug screen and physical required
Reports To: Plant Manager
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|