Circulation Desk Manager- Part TimeClarke University, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Clarke University is a dynamic, Catholic, liberal arts institution of 1200 students in traditional, adult and graduate programs. Located in the thriving city of Dubuque, Iowa, along the Mississippi River, Clarke was founded in 1843 by the Sisters of Charity of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
At Clarke University, everything we do is focused on making an impact on students so they can positively impact the world. For students, this means finding a place where they are empowered to find success that will last forever. For faculty and staff, it means more than just coming to work every day – it means truly being engaged across campus while working to create an experience that always puts students first.
Clarke University faculty and staff enjoy a comprehensive benefits package and a collaborative working environment. Outside of the university, faculty and staff benefit from living and working in a thriving city named one of the “most livable” small cities in the country and one of “Best Green Places” in the country.
For more information, please visit www.clarke.edu.
At Clarke University, everything we do is focused on making an impact on students so they can positively impact the world. For students, it means a place where more than facts are studied – it means new ways of thinking are explored. For faculty and staff, it means more than just coming to work every day – it means truly collaborating across the university to put student success first. It also means living and working in a thriving city named one of the “most livable” small cities in the country and one of “Best Green Places” in the country.
The University is currently seeking a qualified individual to assume the role of a part-time circulation desk manager. (25 hours per week, 4 to 9 pm Sunday-Thursday, Summers off)
Responsibilities are as follows: manage circulation desk processes, assist in the training, scheduling, and supervision of student workers at the circulation desk, answer general library questions via email, telephone, and online chat, manage patron records and circulation policies, manage reserve materials, assist with interlibrary loan, demonstrate usage of library resources, and maintenance/ troubleshooting of electronic resources, library databases, and other library software as needed, help manage library book collections, provide statistics and reports as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Excellent interpersonal skills including a willingness to listen, the diplomatic skills needed to coordinate tasks among a diverse community.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Minimum two years academic library experience or customer service experience preferred.
- Working experience with library technologies/software/systems and integrated library systems products desired.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a dynamic work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Work collaboratively with library staff in order to provide and maintain quality online services and resources