Graduate Assistant- Strength and ConditioningUniversity of Dubuque, Dubuque, IA
About the University of Dubuque
The University of Dubuque is a private, Presbyterian, coeducational, professional university with a foundation in the liberal arts. Our commitment is to nurturing the mind, body, and spirit as well as encouraging students to explore their fullest potential, is part of a rich Christian identity that dates back to the University's founding in 1852. Our welcoming interfaith community of 2000 students attracts young men and women from across the country and around the globe who seek the knowledge and the skills to make a difference in our ever-changing world. Within a values and faith base, we offer you an array of perspectives and broad exposure to our truly global society. The University comprises the undergraduate college, the graduate school, and the theological seminary.
Mission and Vision
The University of Dubuque is a private university offering undergraduate, graduate, and theological seminary degrees, and other educational opportunities with the intention of educating and forming the whole person. The University is comprised of individuals from the region, our nation, and the world.
As a community, the University practices its Christian commitments by educating students, pursuing excellence in scholarship, challenging students to live lives of worth and purpose, and preparing students for service to the church and the world.
Therefore, the University of Dubuque is committed to:
- A hospitable Christian environment which respects other faith traditions;
- Relationships which encourage intellectual, spiritual, and moral development;
- Excellence in academic inquiry and professional preparation;
- A diverse and equitable community where Christian love is practiced;
- Stewardship of all God’s human and natural resources;
- Zeal for life-long learning and service.
The University of Dubuque is a growing University that is seeking a Graduate Assistant- Strength and Conditioning Coach for the 2019-2020 term.
- Program design for multiple sports
- Supervision and application of training programs
- Any other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in an exercise science related field
- Ability to effectively communicate with athletes and staff
- Ability to teach and correct technique for various movements and drills
- Previous coaching or supervising athletics experience is preferred
- Previous strength and conditioning related internships preferred
- CSCS, SCCC, or USAW certifications are preferred
Tuition remission will be applied for master’s degree credits while in good standing in the position of graduate assistant.
To apply with a growing University for the Graduate Assistant- Strength and Conditioning Coach position, please submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and UD employment application, located on our website, to HR@dbq.edu or to the Director of Human Resources, at the University of Dubuque, 2000 University Avenue, Dubuque, IA 52001.
Applications from qualified persons with diverse backgrounds and cultures, including women and persons of color, are welcomed. AA/EEO
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Mail:||2000 University Ave|
Dubuque, IA 52001-5099
|Apply by Email:||HR@dbq.edu|