Pastoral Care CoordinatorStonehill Franciscan Services, Dubuque, IA DUBUQUE, IA
This listing has expired
Stonehill Franciscan Services is the largest non-governmental Continuum of Care Facility in the state of Iowa; with the largest Post-Acute services in the Tri-State area. Our mission is to provide the highest quality of care in a dignified atmosphere. We strive to provide an outstanding Customer Experience to every residents, family and community member, and co-worker we encounter. In 2016, Stonehill created Career Pathways that support the professional career development for all of our employees. Career Pathways are positions that will provide work experience and financial support for employees who look for additional ways to build their skills and/or leadership opportunities. We have been blest for over 50 years to provide the highest quality of care to so many and look forward to continuing our service for many, many years to come.
Benefits offered to our employees are Nursing Scholarships, Free membership to our Wellness Center, discount Massages, Referral Bonus, Medical, Dental, Vision insurances, Flex Spending for both Medical and Childcare, Short Term Disability/Life Insurance, 401k/Roth Match, Employee Assistance Program, and Employee Recognition Programs.
Current services provide: a Wellness Center; Independent Living Villas and Apartments; Assisted Living Apartments; a Residential Care Facility; a Long-Term Care Facility; a Skilled Nursing Facility; an In-Patient and Out-Patient Rehabilitation Program with Physical, Occupational, Speech and Massage Therapy. SFS employs more than 400 people and serves 300 residents as well as 2,000 wellness members.
The primary purpose of the Pastoral Care Coordinator position is to facilitate and ensure the provision of spiritual care to residents, their loved ones, and, as appropriate, to staff in a religiously diverse setting. The Coordinator will be a professing Christian, with the ability to provide appropriate religious observances for all residents either personally or with assistance from members of other faith traditions. Provides spiritual support in caring and professional manner, in accordance with established procedures, as directed by your supervisor and in support of SFS mission and core values.
As the Pastoral Care Coordinator, the successful will be responsible for the following items and other duties as assigned:
- Provides spiritual and emotional support to all residents, families and staff, while respecting the diversity of culture and beliefs.
- Develop and lead pastoral programs based on individual and organizational needs: Facilitates and actively participates in the delivery of spiritual care, including one-on-one visits, crisis intervention, hospital visitation, sacramental ministry, counseling, worship services, small groups, support groups and bible studies.
- Initiate and maintain communication with other churches with congregational members at the campus through notification of admission, discharge, transfer, or death of resident members, with residents’ permission.
- Assists residents in the decision-making process concerning their own health care, and whether or not they would like anyone else to be involved in those decisions. (Advance Directive and end of life issues)
- Enlists, coordinates and facilitates the work of clergy, volunteer chaplains, spiritual visitors, and volunteers to conduct services of specific faith traditions and to participate in interfaith services.
- Supports and promotes an interdisciplinary approach to spiritual care through coordination with other departments such as social work, volunteers, wellness, etc.
- Creates and maintains Spiritual Need Assessments and Spiritual Progress notes within the medical record, as appropriate.
- Contributes to the wider community, focusing on local churches and the Archdiocese of Dubuque by participating in preaching/teaching or periodic visits.
- Participates in committees as assigned, including resident care conferences, quality assurance (QA&A) and other committees.
- Chair the Pastoral Committee
- Maintains the confidentiality and security of information including all resident care and protected health information, and promptly reports suspected or known violations of such disclosure to the Administrator.
- Attends and participates in in-service educational classes and on the job training programs.
- Assist in orientation of all new SFS team members regarding mission, core values, and sponsorship.
- Presentations at departmental meetings: mission integration to all staff develop and monthly spiritual calendar
- Plan prayer services for special events (e.g., Feast of St. Francis, Thanksgiving, World Day of the Sick, and Christmas).
- Provide additional formation focused on mission and core values for managers using materials provided by Catholic Health Association and the Archdiocese of Dubuque at: Participate in Strategic planning and any off-site retreats.
- Conduct spiritual assessments of new residents within 7 days of admission.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and personal characteristics:
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Must be self-directed, detail oriented and organized, with the ability to manage responsibilities under little supervision.
- Knowledge and experience with bioethical and spiritual issues in caring for seniors.
- Familiarity with computer systems, including Microsoft Office, with a demonstrated ability to use computer programs for training and communications.
- May be required to work outside of normal hours
- Master’s level theological degree (M, Div) or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of three years chaplain or pastoral experience, or combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with elderly a plus.
- Ecclesiastical endorsement and ordination by a recognized religious organization.
- Board certification by the Association of Professional Chaplains highly recommended.
This listing has expired
Human and Social Services
Volunteer and Non-profit
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|