Farm Business & Production Management InstructorSouthwest Wisconsin Technical College, FENNIMORE, WI
Southwest Wisconsin Technical College, Fennimore, WI is committed to excellence in education. The College assists individuals to develop employment skills, a lifelong commitment to learning, and a respect for diversity. Programs and services meet the changing needs of business, industry, and society.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Provide instruction to students enrolled in the Farm Business and Production Management program in the following areas of farm records and financial management, crops and soils, livestock nutrition, facilities and equipment management, commodity marketing, 590 nutrient management planning, and other basic farm management operations.
- Provide innovation and ingenuity in developing course offerings to meet the farm community needs of southwest Wisconsin.
- Prepares for assigned classes, including: developing course syllabi, writing curriculum, organizing and setting up classrooms to facilitate learning and performing related tasks.
- Design, facilitate, and revise activities that promote optimum student success and learning.
- Promote continuous quality improvement of curriculum and program operations to increase program effectiveness.
- Work cooperatively with current Southwest Tech staff & a variety of business customers to customize training.
- Continuously evaluate student progress providing informative and summative feedback through formal and informal means.
- Maintains knowledge of current industry trends by attending conferences, joining professional organizations, and performing related tasks.
- Responsible for marketing the program courses to the farm community and working with the Marketing Department when applicable
- Responsible for recruitment and retention of students
- Performs institutional requirements, including: participating in events and meetings as required; orienting new instructors; and planning events to assist in advertising the College.
- Developing and managing a program budget to purchase and maintain supplies.
- Provide applications based learning activities that accommodate a variety of learning styles
- Other duties as assigned
TRAINING, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Two-year Associates degree or Technical Diploma in the agricultural industry plus minimum of 5.5 years related work experience required
- Bachelor's degree with minimum 2 years of experience in the agricultural industry preferred
- Employed in the agricultural field within the last 5 years
- Valid Driver’s License
- Teaching experience in agriculture at the secondary or post-secondary level preferred
- Teaching/presentation experience preferred
- Ability to work effectively in a team-based, quality environment
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing
- Computer knowledge of Microsoft Office, spreadsheet application software, email, and internet
- Basic understanding of farm financial statements
- Knowledge of writing nutrient management plans
- Basic understanding or experience with managing a farm, livestock and/or crop
Internal and External applicants complete and submit the online employment application at www.swtc.edu/jobsatswtc
For questions regarding the application process please email Human Resources at email@example.com or 608.822.2314.
If you need an accommodation, call 608.822.2632 (tdd: 608.822.2072) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Bachelors: $48,304 - $76,805
Advanced: $50,810 - $80,787
Masters: $53,314 – $84,768
Our comprehensive benefit package includes the following and much more:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Health Savings Account
- Health Club Access
- Wisconsin Retirement System Contribution
- On-campus day care (hourly rate charged)
The Review Committee will screen applicants and contact them for an interview. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not assure the candidate an interview. Final candidate’s employment offer will be subject to completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening.
PLEASE NOTE: All candidates selected for an interview will prepare a 10-minute classroom teaching demonstration. Information regarding this teaching demonstration will follow.
Southwest Tech does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Officer has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies. Call 800-362-3322, Ext. 2315 (TDD: 608-822-2072) or write Southwest Tech, 1800 Bronson Blvd., Fennimore, WI 53809.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|