Director of Operations and SafetyUniversity of Dubuque, Dubuque, IA
About the University of Dubuque
The University of Dubuque is a private, Presbyterian, coeducational, professional university with a foundation in the liberal arts. Our commitment is to nurturing the mind, body, and spirit as well as encouraging students to explore their fullest potential, is part of a rich Christian identity that dates back to the University's founding in 1852. Our welcoming interfaith community of 2000 students attracts young men and women from across the country and around the globe who seek the knowledge and the skills to make a difference in our ever-changing world. Within a values and faith base, we offer you an array of perspectives and broad exposure to our truly global society. The University comprises the undergraduate college, the graduate school, and the theological seminary.
Mission and Vision
The University of Dubuque is a private university offering undergraduate, graduate, and theological seminary degrees, and other educational opportunities with the intention of educating and forming the whole person. The University is comprised of individuals from the region, our nation, and the world.
As a community, the University practices its Christian commitments by educating students, pursuing excellence in scholarship, challenging students to live lives of worth and purpose, and preparing students for service to the church and the world.
Therefore, the University of Dubuque is committed to:
- A hospitable Christian environment which respects other faith traditions;
- Relationships which encourage intellectual, spiritual, and moral development;
- Excellence in academic inquiry and professional preparation;
- A diverse and equitable community where Christian love is practiced;
- Stewardship of all God’s human and natural resources;
- Zeal for life-long learning and service.
The University of Dubuque is a growing University that is seeking Full-time Director of Operations and Safety beginning August, 2019.
- Coordinate budget activities related to operations and manage equipment/facilities purchase or lease contracts and management of vendor contracts
- Coordinate maintenance of aircraft and simulators with the Dir. of Maintenance
- Coordinate flight operations activities with the assistance of the Dir. of Dispatch & Maintenance
- Assist with the FAA Flight School compliance oversight
- Support the Chief Flight Instructor with standardization and other training related requirements
- Ensure recurrent FIRC programs are available for the flight instructor staff
- Assisting with accreditation assessments
- Ensure Transportation Security Administration (TSA) compliance for all Flight Operations personnel
- Develop and modernize training infrastructure and materials
Safety Program Responsibilities:
- Advocate for all students and staff in compliance with safe ground and flight operations
- Implement and manage all aspects of the Safety Management Systems Voluntary Program (SMSVP), and actively promote the establishment of a just safety culture
- Maintain an integrated safety program with tracking and analysis (FOQA/FDM)
- Report safety concerns and issues to the President, and the Dept. Head
- Ensure accessibility, actively engage with and provide guidance to the President, aviation leadership team, flight staff and students to ensure safe operations
- Interfaces routinely with all airport stakeholders and UD personnel to ensure safe practices for all UD operations
- Assist with the management of the Aviation Department’s drug and alcohol testing program
- Actively engage in all department meetings and training activities
- Organize all safety meetings and training for the aviation department as outlined in the SMS
- Engage in life-long learning and other educational opportunities to continuously enhance the aviation safety program
- Master’s degree in aviation, aerospace, engineering, management or other related field
- Five-years teaching experience or flight instruction
- Five-years aviation industry experience with safety responsibilities or managing an aviation safety program
- Current FAA Pilot or Flight Instructor certificates
The University of Dubuque is a private, Presbyterian, coeducational, professional university with a foundation in the liberal arts. Our commitment is to nurturing the mind, body, and spirit as well as encouraging students to explore their fullest potential, is part of a rich Christian identity that dates back to the University's founding in 1852. The Aviation Department manages three Aviation Programs that provide students with the academic and professional tools needed to succeed in all segments of the Aviation Industry.
To apply with a growing University for the Full-time Director of Operations and Safety position, please submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and UD employment application, located on our website, to HR@dbq.edu or to the Director of Human Resources, at the University of Dubuque, 2000 University Avenue, Dubuque, IA 52001.
Applications from qualified persons with diverse backgrounds and cultures, including women and persons of color, are welcomed. AA/EEO
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Mail:||2000 University Ave|
Dubuque, IA 52001-5099
|Apply by Email:||HR@dbq.edu|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||5-10 Years|