Preventive Services Care CoordinatorCrescent Community Health Center, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Crescent Community Health Center is a local medical and dental clinic providing basic (primary) medical and oral health care. Our doctors, dentists, nurse practitioners, dental hygienists and other staff offer high-quality and affordable care to anyone needing a medical and/or dental home. Our philosophy is to make the patient, the center of care and a partner in treatment. The cost of our services for uninsured patients are figured on a sliding fee scale and discounted based upon the household income and size. We serve individuals and families who are uninsured, underinsured and those with various types of insurance. Patients from any area are welcomed to our practice.
- Performs all job functions according to CCHC mission and values.
- Performs outreach to patients due for cervical, breast, colorectal cancer screenings, and well child checks.
- Connects patients to preventative services based on screening recommendations of age, gender and risk factors, to ensure that the patient is accessing what he/she needs to improve or maintain health status.
- Coordinates referrals/orders for screenings with the Patient Care Team.
- Performs follow-up on outstanding referrals/orders to ensure patients obtain needed screenings.
- Completes required and requested reports for grants, PCMH, UDS, HEDIS, payors and performance improvement objectives.
- Assists with other projects involving outreach and connecting patients to preventative and chronic care services as assigned.
- Engages patients and families in developing health care strategies aimed at improving quality of life through education, empowerment and access to appropriate healthcare and preventative services.
- Provides evidence-based educational materials to the patient as directed by the provider or other care team members to empower the patient with self-management of their health.
- Assists in the collection of key data points in order to track PCMH, UDS, HEDIS and other measures in order to meet or exceed quality benchmarks
- Enrolls and manages patients in managed care programs.
- Places outreach and follow-up calls to assigned patients and tracks calls made
- Tracks patient compliance with recommended care
- Assist in tracking quality indicators, providing data analysis and trending to the Medical Clinic Manager to populate clinical dashboards for quarterly report to PI Committee
- Provides referral coordination and tracking to outside medical agencies. Acts as an advocate for specialty care for patients
- Implements Patient-Centered Medical Home principles to manage care of patients in conjunction with the patient care team
- Tracks patients in i2i and Centricity to manage patient populations, vulnerable and high-risk patient populations and patients needing to have preventative services.
- Attempts to resolves all patient and provider concerns pertinent to screenings, referrals and medical home enrollment
- Answers and returns phone calls to patients in a timely manner
- Performs quality assurance and utilization management audits of patient charts to assure compliance with various program expectations.
- Utilizes time efficiently to maximize productivity and minimize patient waiting time.
- Maintains a friendly, respectful, and professional environment for all patient contacts.
- Maintains a cooperative, helpful work environment within the department, other departments and employees.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding CCHC, its clients, and employees.
- Understands and follows all Crescent CHC, OSHA, CMS, HRSA and other guidelines and required policies and protocols
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- College level reading, writing and interpretation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, experience with electronic medical records
- Communicating information to others, including those with languages other than English
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology, evidence-based practices for ambulatory care
- Ability to understand and follow clinical protocols
- Ability to function effectively as a Patient Care Team member
- Ability to maintain quality, safety
Experience: At least two years’ prior experience in a medical office setting preferred
Education: Current Iowa license as an LPN/RN/BSN or a Bachelor’s degree in Health Education/ Health Promotion, or certification from an accredited Medical Assisting program or other health sciences degree.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check required.
If you are interested in joining a mission driven non-profit that truly makes a difference in people’s lives, submit a resume with salary expectations to email@example.com . Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
This listing has expired
Human and Social Services
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|