Northeast Iowa Community College (NICC) serves the transfer, career and technical education needs of our region’s residents, businesses and industries in a district area that encompasses eight counties and approximately 5,000 sq. miles. More than 28,400 students enroll in Business and Community Solutions courses and academic certificate, diploma and degree programs every year. NICC offers associate’s degrees and general education courses that readily transfer to four-year colleges and universities, and state-of-the-art technology and lab areas that prepare students for high demand careers.
The College has two primary campuses in Peosta and Calmar, and seven service locations in Cresco, Dubuque, Manchester, New Hampton, Oelwein and Waukon, that offer convenient amenities, services, educational resources and computer labs for students.
As one of northeast Iowa’s largest employers, the College employs 680 faculty and staff members, and the average tenure of all part-time and full-time faculty is 12 years.
1. Demonstrate effective communication using oral and written skills, as well as incorporation of current technology skills.
2. Demonstrate proficiency in the Paralegal discipline
3. Demonstrate enthusiasm and ability to work cooperatively with college and community colleagues
4. Demonstrate commitment to the college mission.
5. Deliver instructional opportunities in a positive learning environment that is adaptable to a diverse population of learners.
6. Use various teaching methods in classroom and lab settings to engage students in learning.
7. Pursue professional growth opportunities.
8. Maintain relevant certifications or licensures that meets those required to practice as a Paralegal or Attorney by the Iowa Bar Association.
9. Teach a variety of classroom, lab, and field experience courses in NICC’s Paralegal program in accordance to program and course objectives set forth by the department.
10. Create and revise curriculum, syllabi, lesson plans, visual aids, student instructional handouts, and other materials which encourages critical thinking, problem-solving, and performance skills.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Human and Social Services
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|