Behavioral Health ManagerCrescent Community Health Center, Dubuque, IA
Crescent Community Health Center is a local medical and dental clinic providing basic (primary) medical and oral health care. Our doctors, dentists, nurse practitioners, dental hygienists and other staff offer high-quality and affordable care to anyone needing a medical and/or dental home. Our philosophy is to make the patient, the center of care and a partner in treatment. The cost of our services for uninsured patients are figured on a sliding fee scale and discounted based upon the household income and size. We serve individuals and families who are uninsured, underinsured and those with various types of insurance. Patients from any area are welcomed to our practice.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform all job functions according to CCHC mission and values.
- Provide psychosocial assessments of patients and families to identify emotional, social, and environmental strengths and problems related to their diagnosis, illness, treatment, and/or life situation.
- Formulate, develop, and implement a comprehensive psychosocial treatment plan utilizing appropriate clinical and therapeutic interventions according to evidence-based practice.
- Provide therapeutic crisis intervention and emergency services as required.
- Participate in periodic staff conferences to present case histories; confer with internal and external members of therapy team to develop comprehensive evaluations or plan pertinent therapy programs to provide maximum benefits for each patient.
- Provide education to patients and families around issues related to adaptation to the patient's diagnosis, illness, treatment and/or life situation.
- Accurately complete all patient records and documentation necessary for timely billing of services.
- Maintain confidentiality around patient and family information.
- Assist with the implementation and sustaining of patient centered medical home status as needed.
- Ensure departmental compliance with all applicable federal, state, local and center rules, regulations, protocols and procedures governing the practice of behavioral health and the clinical provision of behavioral health care as well as those relating to, but not limited to, personnel issues, work place safety, public health and confidentiality.
- Design, develop, and implement appropriate Behavioral Health Department policies, protocols and procedures which are in compliance with the most current accepted professional standards and meet the needs of the organization.
- Provide direct supervision of all Behavioral Health Department staff including hiring, on-boarding and on-going performance management.
- Conduct quarterly chart reviews of other BH staff for performance evaluation purposes. Chart reviews also done to ensure accurate documentation for data collection purposes.
- Assist in the preparation of an operating budget for the Behavioral Health Department in conjunction with the COO/CFO. Oversee compliance of the Behavioral Health Department’s budget.
- Responsible for program implementation and grant management components related to behavioral health and substance use disorders including staffing, supervision, budgeting and reporting.
- Participate in short and long-term program planning for the Behavioral Health Department and the agency, including development of goals and objectives.
- Collaborates with contracted, on-site behavioral health and substance use disorder specialists to obtain records, coordinate care and ensure continuity of care.
- Maintain records and statistics in accordance as required by legal agencies and Crescent Community Health Center.
- Prepare and submit monthly written reports on Behavioral Health Departmentissues, concerns, program status, initiatives, and progress to the Board of Directors.
Qualifications: LISW with Master or Doctorate of Social Work degree and professional licensure in Iowa. Will consider someone in the process of completing clinical professional experience and planning to take the Clinical test for LISW.
Three years of experience in a health care setting or social service agency and supervisory experience is preferred.
Other: This position requires a valid driver’s license, verification of personal auto insurance and the ability to become an authorized driver as detailed in the driver authorization procedure and the ability to accommodate routine local travel and occasional travel outside of the local area on behalf of CCHC.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check required.
If you are interested in joining a mission driven non-profit that truly makes a difference in people’s lives, submit a resume with salary expectations to email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Email:||firstname.lastname@example.org.|
Human and Social Services
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|