Logistics and Dispatch DirectorBARD Materials, Dubuque, IA
BARD Materials was founded on the principles of dedication, service, quality, and integrity in business. By keeping these principles at the forefront, BARD Materials has grown to employ over 160 employees with a network of 20 ready mix plants and 30 aggregate sources serving the Tri-State area. Being family owned since 1946 and operating in small towns, BARD Material's integrity is rooted in small town values.
Safety is paramount at BARD Materials. Our goal everyday is to send our employees home safely to their friends and families. We work hard to identify and respond to safety concerns and allow our employees to grow through empowerment, training, and the use of new technology. We value our employees who perform their jobs effectively, efficiently, and with business ethics to ensure long term relationships for themselves, our company and our customers.
BARD Materials combines small town values with the capabilities to perform any job. Being a small player in a large industry, BARD Materials strives everyday to be the best - not the biggest - and to Safely Deliver Material Value with Integrity.
- Be Humble
- Build and Maintain Relationships
- Choose to be Positive and Resilient
- Always Learn, Do, and Improve
- Own Safety
- Commit to Quality
- Focus on the Customer
- Act as One BARD
- Love leading a team to reach new goals and heights
- Don't hesitate to think outside the box and challenge the status quo
- Have effective in-person, phone, and written communication skills
- Seek to provide exceptional service
- Don’t mind speaking in front of groups and will work to improve at it
- Genuinely enjoy seeing others grow and develop under your Leadership
- Understand your well-being influences your ability to Lead
- Believe you can improve safety and operational efficiency at the same time.
- Enjoy trying out new Technologies
- Believe technology can improve safety and efficiency
- Enjoy the journey of continual process improvement
- Inefficiency keeps you up at night
- Would enjoy the opportunity to attend more schooling if available
- Experience in a manufacturing leadership role is preferred but not required
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is preferred but not required
- Leads the Dispatch Managers
- Continually analyze and improve operational efficiencies
- Develop, Implement, and Manages KPI's against established goals as it relates to RM and AGG delivery. Sets weekly, monthly, annual goals.
- Works collaboratively on process improvement for the entire dispatch department
- Responsible for 3rd Party Trucking Quotes as well as fuel purchasing responsibilities
- Updates and Collaborate's with Area Managers on project status and customer needs
- Oversees and analyzes Cement and Aggregate Cost Management
- Works closely with Accounting to ensure accurate costing
- Works closely with IT to manage and implement operational technologies
- Helps on board and train new hires.
- Proactively plans for personnel and equipment needs in operations
- Assists in a backup Role in any Dispatch Pod
- Presents information to management, public groups and/or boards of directors.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint
- Viewpoint - ERP
- Wrike -Project Management
- Digital Fleet - GPS Dispatch
- Integra - RM Dispatch
- BCMI - Data Management
- Command Batch - Batching Control
- Learn new Systems
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Email:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|