Graduate Assistant for the Master of Art and the Master of Management Communication ProgramsUniversity of Dubuque, Dubuque, IA
About the University of Dubuque
The University of Dubuque is a private, Presbyterian, coeducational, professional university with a foundation in the liberal arts. Our commitment is to nurturing the mind, body, and spirit as well as encouraging students to explore their fullest potential, is part of a rich Christian identity that dates back to the University's founding in 1852. Our welcoming interfaith community of 2000 students attracts young men and women from across the country and around the globe who seek the knowledge and the skills to make a difference in our ever-changing world. Within a values and faith base, we offer you an array of perspectives and broad exposure to our truly global society. The University comprises the undergraduate college, the graduate school, and the theological seminary.
Mission and Vision
The University of Dubuque is a private university offering undergraduate, graduate, and theological seminary degrees, and other educational opportunities with the intention of educating and forming the whole person. The University is comprised of individuals from the region, our nation, and the world.
As a community, the University practices its Christian commitments by educating students, pursuing excellence in scholarship, challenging students to live lives of worth and purpose, and preparing students for service to the church and the world.
Therefore, the University of Dubuque is committed to:
- A hospitable Christian environment which respects other faith traditions;
- Relationships which encourage intellectual, spiritual, and moral development;
- Excellence in academic inquiry and professional preparation;
- A diverse and equitable community where Christian love is practiced;
- Stewardship of all God’s human and natural resources;
- Zeal for life-long learning and service.
The University of Dubuque is a growing University that is seeking a Graduate Assistant for the Master of Art and the Master of Management Communication Programs for the 2019-2020 term, with a potential renewal for 2020-2021.
- Provide support associated with the instruction, but not being in charge (i.e., instructor of record) of introductory undergraduate courses
- Assist with data gathering for assessment
- Assist faculty with management of Moodle
- Research current trends to help in promoting the programs
- Lead recitation/help/tutor sessions for undergraduate students
- Teach one undergraduate class for the COM Department for additional compensation
- Any other duties as assigned by the Department Head
- Bachelor’s degree is required, and the position is conditional based on acceptance into University of Dubuque Masters’ program
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Effective communication skills; both orally and written
- Flexibility and availability to work during core business hours (7:30-4:30)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, experience with graphic design is a plus
All graduate tuition and fees are waived for the student for the term in which they serve as a GA. In return for a waiver of tuition and fees, the assistantship recipient agrees to provide service to the University equivalent to twenty (20) hours per week.
To apply with a growing University for the Graduate Assistant for the Master of Art and the Master of Management Communication Programs position, please submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and UD employment application, located on our website, to HR@dbq.edu or to the Director of Human Resources, at the University of Dubuque, 2000 University Avenue, Dubuque, IA 52001.
Applications from qualified persons with diverse backgrounds and cultures, including women and persons of color, are welcomed. AA/EEO
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Mail:||2000 University Ave|
Dubuque, IA 52001-5099
|Apply by Email:||HR@dbq.edu|