Instrumentation and Electrical TechnicanEast Dubuque Nitrogen Fertilizers, East Dubuque, IL
East Dubuque Nitrogen Fertilizers, LLC, located in East Dubuque, Illinois, uses low-cost, North American natural gas to produce nitrogen fertilizer. The plant primarily includes a 1,025 ton-per-day ammonia unit and a 1,100 ton-per-day UAN. The facility is located on a 210-acre, 140-foot bluff above the Mississippi River with access to the river for loading certain products.
This position is responsible for the predictive, preventative, and corrective maintenance for supporting continuous chemical plant operations. Specifically tasked to safely troubleshoot, diagnosis, and repair of electrical distribution systems, control valves, instrumentation, and plant process automation. May be responsible for supervising and training other craftsmen and working on various jobs without direct supervision. Embraces continuous improvement and will practice and promote safe work practices. Dedicated in advancing their knowledge though collaboration with teammates, self-study, or through formal and on-the-job training.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Trade school, and/or military M.O.C./ rating job equivalency a plus.
- State Journeyman Electrical License, or a certificate from a nationally recognized electrical apprenticeship training program preferred
- Instrumentation/ Controls/ Industrial Automation Programing technical certification from an accredited program preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience with Instrumentation/Controls/Industrial Automation.
- Fluent in English, both oral and written
- Be able to maintain a professional demeanor and maintain a world-class standard of ethics.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced challenging work environment, while being able to multi-task several projects at once.
- Ability to adjust schedule to meet business demands, including being “on-call” service status during off work hours to help maintain a chemical plant that operates 24/7/365.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Able to troubleshoot and resolve problems in a methodical and profession manner.
- Working knowledge of P&ID’s, Loop Drawings, Cascade Loops, Pneumatic valve operations, Controllers, Digital signals, Transmitter minimum voltages, Calibration techniques, and Actuators
- Familiar with NFPA 70E safety standards when working with High Voltage electrical generation and distribution equipment.
- Direct experience reading schematics for instrumentation, electrical distribution systems and controls preferred
- Three or more years direct experience with DCS/SCADA/PLC/Pneumatic controlled loops with the ability to troubleshoot an array of problems.
- Familiarity with electrical one-lines, electrical three-lines, electrical schematics, and electrical prints preferred
- Working knowledge of Analyzers: Gas Chromatographs, Combustion Analyzers, Continuous Emission Monitoring Systems (CEMS), and Opacity preferred
- Familiarity with Distributed Control Systems (DCS): Schneider- Invensys Evo
- Familiarity with Equipment Monitoring: Vibration monitors, Anti-surge controls preferred
- Familiarity with Allen Bradley Programmable Logic Controllers / HMI’s, preferred
- Familiarity with Ethernet IP, ModBus, RS-485 communications protocols preferred
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Broad understanding of nitrogen fertilizer production and operations a bonus
- This position will report directly to the I&E Supervisor. This position will carry out all tasks and directives delegated by I&E Shop Supervision or Maintenance Management Staff. This will be to provide “World-Class Service” for maintaining safe and profitable chemical plant operations.
- Participate in project planning including Drawing updates, P&ID development and Cause & Effects development
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain electrical, pneumatic, process controls and new equipment as projects dictate
- Regularly communicate with management work progress, concerns and questions
- Adhere to company environmental, health, and safety policies & procedures
- Perform or participate in other tasks as required to support maintenance responsibilities including, but not limited to - plant cleanliness, warehouse operations, outage planning and execution, and continuous improvement initiatives
- Works with minimal supervision.
- Communicate with supervisor regarding work progress, concerns and questions
- Moderate travel required, mostly for training, obtaining TWIC card, etc.
- Providing electrical and instrumentation support to maintain equipment and facilities in a manner that is safe, efficient and environmentally sound
- Liaison with all work groups to improve performance and reliability of facility
- Communicate with all work groups during scheduled downtime of equipment and during plant outages
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures
- Maintain TWIC certification.
- Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
Interested candidates must apply through the Careers page on http://www.cvrpartners.com/
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
East Dubuque, IL
Skilled Labor Trades
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|