Procurement AnalystsFARMTEK, Dyersville, IA
This listing has expired
FarmTek offers commercial greenhouses and accessories, garden supplies, tension fabric buildings, portable garages, barn curtain, livestock and poultry housing, heating and cooling products, electrical and plumbing supplies, building materials, agricultural supplies, and more to help you manage your farm, nursery, business or home. Serving the agriculture industry since 1979.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates all activities related to procurement of a commodity beginning with intent to purchase through delivery.
- Analyzes the requirements of the commodity, including preliminary specifications, preferred supplier and date commodity is needed.
- Solicits and evaluates proposals for the requested commodity.
- Investigates and/or interviews potential suppliers to determine if they meet the specified requirements.
- Advises team members or management on the appropriate supplier to be used.
- Negotiates the lowest possible cost for the commodity balanced against the optimum quality and schedule needs.
- Assures that the commodity is delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price, and meets the quality standards of the company.
- Maintains timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices and other documents to assure accurate retention of records.
- Coordinates appropriate methods needed to distribute commodity in a cost effective manner.
- Manages excess inventory as well as discontinued and nonstock inventory.
- Perform returns.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience in supply chain management preferred
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of Excel
- Logistics and traffic background a plus
Education and/or Experience
- Associate degree in related field
- Or equivalent combination of education, experience and training.
- Must have communication skills appropriate for the job
- Ability to follow instructions
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to use Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and be proficient in the ERP software.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to communicate and listen to co-workers and is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|