Loras College was founded in 1839 by the Most Rev. Mathias Loras, first Bishop of Dubuque, who established St. Raphael Seminary to educate young men for the priesthood, but with the expressed intention also of providing an opportunity for higher education to the citizens of the area. The college has functioned under several names (St. Raphael Seminary, Mt. St. Bernard, St. Joseph College, Dubuque College and Columbia College), finally adopting its present name during its centennial in 1939.
Loras is a Catholic liberal arts college dedicated to the total development of the student. Small enough to be personal, large enough to offer a wide variety of quality academic programs, Loras College recognizes the human dignity of each individual and challenges men and women to grow with purpose and direction. Relating the rich liberal arts tradition to a changing world, Loras strives to develop active learners, reflective thinkers, ethical decision makers and responsible contributors in their diverse professional, social, and religious roles. The College has an enrollment of approximately 1,600 students and employs over 375 faculty and staff members. Although employee turnover is low, interesting and challenging employment opportunities do exist in a variety of technical and professional career fields. More employment information is available at the Loras College employment opportunities webpage: https://loras.applicantpool.com/jobs/.
Full-Time Salaried Position Starting in May
The director of athletic communications will oversee the day-to-day communications and media relations for all 24 varsity athletic programs at Loras College, including the 23 NCAA Division III athletic teams, under the direct supervision of both the director of athletics and the director of communications & marketing. This position will hire and oversee the athletic communications staff, including the assistant director and the student assistants. 50% travel time required.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinate all media relations responsibilities for Loras Athletics, athletic-related and special events related to the athletic department, including but not limited to press releases, press conferences, social media and statistics
- Work collaboratively with the College’s marketing & communications office on all athletic-related news stories and events
- Oversee the athletic website and all content associated with it
- Travel with athletic teams for competition
- Create athletic content in the print and digital landscape including photography, graphic design and video
- Maintain historical records, statistics and photographs, making them available to the public and upon request
- Responsible for oversight and management of athletic communications budget
- Coordinate the student intern program and oversee gameday staffing assignments
- Oversee nominations and promotion of student-athletes and coaches for awards
- Assist coaches with creation of recruiting material
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s in communications, sport management or related field
- Minimum two years of experience in an athletic communications office, not including internship or graduate assistantship work
Skills and Abilities
- Proficient with the Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop, InDesign and Premiere Pro
- Experience with digital photography and videography
- Promote a collaborative work environment and maximize potential in staff personnel
- Must possess exceptional writing and editorial skills
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive issues
- Previous experience with the SIDEARM Sports Content Management System
- Ability to plan, develop and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
Special Working Conditions
- Requires weekend, evening and early morning hours
- Must maintain working knowledge of compliance regulations as they relate to the NCAA, American Rivers Conference, Collegiate Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin and Midwest Women’s Lacrosse Conference
- Uphold the branding guidelines and identity standards of Loras College and Loras College Athletics
Apply online at https://loras.applicantpool.com/jobs/
SUPPLEMENTARY APPLICATION MATERIALS
Upon completion of the formal application, please send a work portfolio to Jimmy Naprstek, Interim Director of Communications & Marketing (email@example.com). Portfolio should include work from the following categories: written, video, graphic design, photography.
Loras College is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|