Universal Tank & Fabrication was built from the ground up on the belief that integrity matters. Integrity runs throughout our 43,000 square foot facility making Universal the best fabrication and ASME-certified pressure vessel manufacturer in the country. We believe personally and collectively in the importance of operational excellence, which is why we invest heavily in people, equipment and ongoing process improvements throughout our organization. Honest and trustworthy service consistently bring greater value to our customers in the way of project flexibility, quality, performance, cost minimization, and delivery.
Universal Tank & Fabrication is a fast paced, growing company headquartered in Dubuque, Iowa with a second operation located in Houston, Texas. We are actively seeking a full time Materials Manager to join our Dubuque team on 1st shift. UTF offers a competitive benefit package which includes health insurance, a 401(k) plan, annual performance reviews, annual performance-based bonuses, free uniforms, as well as attendance, rework, and safety incentives that can amount to $1,100 per year. Join our team and become part of an organization that is as equally committed to our employees as we are our customers.
Our Passion: Great people building cool things!
Core Values: 1. 100% Customer Driven, 2. Trust, Honor and Integrity, 3. Team Player, 4. Technically Superior.
Duties & Responsibilities
We pride ourselves on showing our customers and employees trust, honor, and integrity. Qualified candidates must be driven to deliver the highest quality products on the market, while providing outstanding customer service.
- Responsible for shipping & receiving paperwork
- Responsible for kitting processes of Prep and Finish Departments
- Responsible and accountable for complete shop organization and cleanliness
- Responsible for managing the Material Handling Team
- Must have complete confidence that all responsibilities are done correctly and on time.
- Must have high attention to detail and follow-through.
- Required -our Core Values 1. 100% Customer Driven, 2. Trust, Honor and Integrity, 3. Team Player, 4. Technically Superior.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior management experience required
- Acceptable math, communication, blueprint & tape measure reading skills.
- Good knowledge of hand-operated power tools, with a solid mechanical aptitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Able to manage a large number of projects at a time
- Class B CDL preferred or must obtain within 90-120 days.
- Working knowledge of inventory systems helpful
- Pre-employment drug screen and physical required
Reports to: Plant Manager
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply in Person:||8025 Chavenelle Rd|
|Apply by Mail:||8025 Chavenelle Rd|
Dubuque, IA 52002
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|