Carpentry Instructor - Building TradesSouthwest Wisconsin Technical College, FENNIMORE, WI
Southwest Wisconsin Technical College, Fennimore, WI is committed to excellence in education. The College assists individuals to develop employment skills, a lifelong commitment to learning, and a respect for diversity. Programs and services meet the changing needs of business, industry, and society.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provide instruction to students enrolled in the Building Trades Carpentry program in the following courses: Construction Safety & Health, Blueprint Reading, Construction Framing Fundamentals, Closing Techniques, Estimating, High Performance Building, and Interior & Exterior Design
- Prepares for assigned classes, including: developing course syllabi, writing curriculum, organizing and setting up classrooms to facilitate learning and performing related tasks.
- Design, facilitate, and revise activities that promote optimum student success and learning.
- Promote continuous quality improvement of curriculum and program operations to increase program effectiveness.
- Work cooperatively with current Southwest Tech staff & a variety of business customers to customize training.
- Continuously evaluate student progress providing informative and summative feedback through formal and informal means.
- Maintains knowledge of current industry trends by attending conferences, joining professional organizations, and performing related tasks.
- Responsible for marketing the program courses and working with the Marketing Department when applicable
- Responsible for recruitment and retention of students
- Performs institutional requirements, including: participating in events and meetings as required; orienting new instructors; and planning events to assist in advertising the College.
- Developing and managing a program budget to purchase and maintain supplies.
- Provide applications based learning activities that accommodate a variety of learning styles
- Other duties as assigned
TRAINING, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Two-year Associates degree or Technical Diploma in the building trades industry plus minimum of 5.5 years related work experience in the building trades field
- Bachelor's degree with minimum 2 years of experience in the building trades field preferred
- Wisconsin apprenticeship completion preferred
- OSHA Construction Safety certified preferred
- Experience as lead carpenter, contractor or superintendent preferred
- Employed a minimum of 1 year in the building trades field within the last 5 years
- Teaching or presentation experience preferred
- Valid Driver’s License
- Excellent skills in trade competencies including rough and finish carpentry; residential and commercial
- Knowledge of writing nutrient management plans
- Thorough knowledge of blueprint reading, tools, materials, estimating, planning and trade math
- Ability to work effectively in a team-based, quality environment
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing
- Computer knowledge of Microsoft Office, spreadsheet application software, email, and internet
- Ability to lift 50 pounds unassisted
Internal and External applicants complete and submit the online employment application at www.swtc.edu/jobsatswtc
For questions regarding the application process please email Human Resources at email@example.com or 608.822.2314.
If you need an accommodation, call 608.822.2632 (tdd: 608.822.2072) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Bachelors: $48,304 - $76,805
Advanced: $50,810 - $80,787
Masters: $53,314 – $84,768
Our comprehensive benefit package includes the following and much more:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Health Savings Account
- Health Club Access
- Wisconsin Retirement System Contribution
- On-campus day care (hourly rate charged)
The Review Committee will screen applicants and contact them for an interview. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not assure the candidate an interview. Final candidate’s employment offer will be subject to completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening.
PLEASE NOTE: All candidates selected for an interview will prepare a 10-minute classroom teaching demonstration. Information regarding this teaching demonstration will follow.
Southwest Tech does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Officer has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies. Call 800-362-3322, Ext. 2315 (TDD: 608-822-2072) or write Southwest Tech, 1800 Bronson Blvd., Fennimore, WI 53809.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||5-10 Years|