Accounting/Payroll ClerkPropulse® A Schieffer Co., Peosta, IA
This listing has expired
"We are excited to announce the rebranding of Schieffer Co. International L.C. to PROPULSE™, A Schieffer Company. The new logo and name, ProPulse, more succinctly reflect our professional approach to high-pressure hose solutions,” comments Jeff Theis, Founding Member and President of U.S. Operations. “The tagline ‘Power Moving Forward’ identifies a direct connection to the fluid power industry and the momentum of our business model. Both represent precision, professionalism, vitality and strong progress. That’s exactly what we and our products stand for."
Established in 1923 and headquartered in Lippstadt, Germany, the Schieffer Group of companies is world renowned as the leader in innovative high-pressure hoses and fittings. The company’s commitment to the cleaning industry has made it a prominent leader with the experience needed to innovate new products and the flexibility to bring them to market. For more than 80 years, we have been placing our know-how and experience in the field of rubber and plastic processing at the service of our customers. A skilled staff of approximately 450 at Schieffer's production plants are engaged in satisfying the needs of our business partners in industry. Schieffer products and systems incorporate comprehensive know-how derived from our many decades of experience and from intensive cooperation with our partners in industry.
Its considerable investments in research and development, personnel, equipment and patents have the company poised to pinpoint the products and processes that need improvement, and then find and create the solutions that go above and beyond the current standards. Although the specific work and services performed by the different divisions of the company differ greatly, the application know-how and practical experience which we have acquired across-the-board enables us to offer our customers system solutions and assemblies made up of individual components form these special fields and thereby provide an optimum combination of advantages.
- Prepare and process weekly payroll for all staff.
- Track employee attendance and vacation accrual.
- Process assigned accounts payable, including tracking.
- Verify cash receipt entry and post verified deposit. Scan deposit to bank.
- Call or e-mail any customer that is 8 or more days past their payment terms and places customers that are 15 or more days past due on credit hold. Will discuss any large customers who have balances 15 days past due with the controller before placing them on hold.
- Maintain the credit hold file.
- Prepares analysis of accounts, as required.
- Researches and solves payment discrepancies.
- Processes credit card payments and credits.
- Assist with completion of necessary statistical reports as requested.
- Receives completed credit applications from the sales department and performs the credit check by sending request for credit information forms to the listed vendors and bank. Once all, or in the case of a rush order, most of the references are returned, reviews the information with the Controller who either grants credit and notifies the sales staff OR discusses reasons for denial of credit with the Sales Manager who agrees with the decision or will contact the prospective customer for additional information.
- Maintains all accounts payable and accounts receivable files.
- Reviews the gross margin for the individual sales orders invoiced for the day, researches any numbers above or below expected margins and then posts the invoices and gives the $ total to the Controller. Give controller sales for the day and outstanding orders for current, next & 2nd
- High School Diploma/GED required. Associate degree in Accounting strongly preferred.
- 2 years of payroll experience.
- Strong administrative background with accounting experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, staff, and management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Outlook and Excel.
- Excellent organizational and verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet and professional manner.
- This position requires strong organizational and analytical skills.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|