Learn, Grow and Thrive with a Career at the Y
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Y, you’ll discover more than a job—you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you. In more than 10,000 communities nationwide, our staff members—of all ages and from diverse back–grounds and life experiences—enjoy the personal satisfaction that comes from nurturing the potential of youth and teens, improving the nation’s health and well-being and providing support to our neighbors.
The Y is, and always will be, dedicated to building healthy, confident, connected and secure children, adult, families and communities. Everyday our impact is felt when an individual makes a healthy choice, when a mentor inspires a child and when a community comes together for the common good.
With a focus on YOUTH DEVELOPMENT, HEALTHY LIVING, SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, ELIMINATING RACISM, and EMPOWERING WOMEN, strengthening communities is our cause. At the Y, we believe that lasting personal and social change happens when we all work together. Every day we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.
RESTORATIVE PRACTICES COORDINATOR POSITION SUMMARY
Under the supervision of the Executive Director of Social Services, the Coordinator is responsible for the oversight of the Restorative Practices Initiative at the Dubuque Community YMCA/YWCA. The Coordinator is responsible for leading the Restorative Practices Initiative to ensure it is effective and continues to meet the needs of the community.
This position is concerned with the coordination and delivery of services in the community. To this end, the Coordinator must have the interpersonal and professional skills to interact with stakeholders from Juvenile Court Services, the Dubuque Police Department, and the Dubuque Community School District, as well as partners from other community agencies. The Coordinator effectively manages and ensures compliance with all aspects of funding for the position. Program development and management skills required. The Coordinator ensures that all goals and objectives are met for the program and must have the ability to clearly document outcomes and data per program outcomes.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or working toward in Criminal Justice, Social Work, Counseling
- Availability: Some evenings and weekends, mostly weekdays
- Positive attitude
- Eager to learn
- Innovative mindset
- Diligent work ethic
- Collaborative and inclusive
- Strong and effective communicator
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Tech savvy (MS Word, Excel)
- Experience recruiting, training and managing volunteers
- Conduct research and report on restorative practice models and strategies
- Assist in collecting and summarizing program outcome data
- Attend regular meetings with Juvenile Court Services, Dubuque Police Department, Dubuque Community School District, volunteers, families, and support staff from community-based organizations
- Assist in adapting restorative strategy programs to meet local community conditions and needs
- Actively participates in YMCA/YWCA events and activities and adheres to the YMCA/YWCA Core Values
- Develop an approved plan for professional development
WORK ENVIRONMENT/MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- You must have the physical, visual, and auditory ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment.
- Coordinate group conferencing between schools, law enforcement, and juvenile justice system.
- Educate and collaborate with the community regarding the Restorative Practices Initiative.
- Coordinate group conferencing training for community volunteers.
- Recruit volunteers for training and assistance for the group conferencing.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as required.
- All other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- Uphold YMCA/YWCA policies for safety, supervision, and risk management.
- Demonstrate the Character Counts values of caring, respect, honesty and responsibility in all dealings with members, guests, volunteers and fellow staff.
- Demonstrate competencies in and willingness to develop in the Cause Driven Leadership areas of mission advancement, collaboration, operational effectiveness and personal growth.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|