Catering Sales Manager-Full-TimeEagle Ridge Resort & Spa, Galena, IL
This listing has expired
Located on 6,800 acres amid the rolling hills of northwestern Illinois, Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa is a full-spectrum resort complex, located just a few miles east of historic Galena. Recently honored by Travel + Leisure Golf as the Midwest’s "Best Golf Resort" and by Corporate & Incentive Travel magazine with the "Greens of Distinction" award, the property provides a superior golf experience, with 63 holes on four award winning courses.
Other amenities include the tranquil Stonedrift Spa, which provides a complete sensory experience, and a state-of-the-art fitness center with a beautiful indoor pool, sauna, hot tub and steam room. The property is also home to three distinctive restaurants, including Woodlands Restaurant, Woodstone Restaurant, and Paisanos. Recommended by outlets, including Conde Nast Traveler, Midwest Living, Better Homes & Gardens, and Wine Enthusiast, the property also provides the perfect setting to an incredible selection of outdoor activities, including miles of biking, hiking and horseback trails, as well as tennis, hot air balloon rides, boating and fishing, on the picturesque 220-acre Lake Galena.
PURPOSE AND PERFORMANCE GOALS
Solicit and capture social and catering only functions (that may include rooms), while maximizing the banquet space to meet and ideally exceed catering revenue goals. This position may be associated with performing selling functions in one or more vertical markets including but not limited to wedding market and other catering only social markets. The position is responsible for booking catering business and may also be required to recommend program and procedural changes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat business through efforts (outside sales calls, telemarketing, mailings, networking, etc.) while maximizing banquet space to meet/exceed revenue goals.
- Execute a territorial marketing strategy to capture the maximum amount of revenue and meet and ideally exceed sales goals.
- May be expected to plan, up-sell and detail the meeting/function with the client including: space requirements, times, equipment, menus, themes/decorations, etc.
- Complete the contracts, prepare the appropriate paperwork, including banquet event orders, group resumes, coordinate with the appropriate areas in the hotel, and resolve any issues, complaints and problems to ensure a quality product delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Prepare status and period end reports.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of corporate and hotel procedures, products and competition, including their strengths and weaknesses, to continually improve sales strategies and achieve goals.
- Professional and positive communication to both guests and fellow Associates.
- Participate in communication and professional organizations to maintain high visibility and promote sales.
One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. (Hotel Management, Marketing preferred). A valid driver's license is required. This salaried position offers a competitive pay rate and a full benefit package which includes health, life insurance, short and long-term disability and dental; paid vacations, personal days and holidays; 401(k) plan with company match; and access to a wide variety of amenities of our world class resort!
For more information about our fabulous resort or to apply, go to www.eagleridge.com to print out an application. Applications can be submitted by mail, fax, email or in person.
To be considered for the position, we must receive an application.
We look forward to helping you explore employment opportunities at Eagle Ridge!
This listing has expired
Food and Beverage
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|