Mechanical Engineer, New Products Design & Manufacturing SupportBodine Electric Company, Peosta, IA
Bodine Electric Company is the industry choice for small gearmotors, motors and controls. Established in 1905, and still family owned, Bodine Electric continues to set the standards for quality manufacturing and engineering excellence in the power transmission and motion control industry.
Bodine Electric's commitment to quality begins with our highly trained engineering professionals at two main company facilities. Our corporate headquarters in Northfield, Illinois, is home to our design engineering teams, research and development labs, and our sales support, customer service and marketing teams.
Peosta, Iowa is the home of our component manufacturing and final assembly operations. Bodine Electric utilizes the industry's latest winding, machining, and assembly equipment. Final assembly operations are supported by several manufacturing engineers, as well as a Lean Manufacturing team --all with 10+ years experience in fractional horsepower (less than 1HP) gearmotor and motor manufacturing.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Design of mechanical components (structural, shafts, gearing) for new AC, DC and Brushless DC motors and gearmotors.
- Works with manufacturing on cost improvement projects
- Assists quality with product assessment
- Works with purchasing to evaluate new vendors
- Product life testing
- Uses CAD, Document control and PDM systems to collaborate with other design engineers in the development and maintenance of product design documentation.
- Occasional customer contact required.
|Years of Experience||--|