XLSpecialized Trailers is a market leading manufacturer of custom heavy haul trailers located in Manchester, Iowa. Founded on innovation and commitment to quality - XL has earned its reputation as a premium heavy haul trailer manufacturer through years of providing uniquely resilient, efficient, solutions-based products.
Generally expected to work as a valued member of the XL Specialized Trailers team. This job is responsible for accurately providing financial information and obtaining revenue by analyzing accounting data, verifying and completing transactions; preparing reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares asset, liability and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Document financial transactions by entering account information.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting analyzing and summarizing account information and trends.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Answer accounting procedures questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations
- Complies with federal, state and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed action.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations. Wears proper personal protective equipment.
- Identifies and anticipates safety and health concerns and hazards by surveying environmental, operational, and occupational conditions
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing relating results as needed.
- Perform any other tasks assigned to support and improve the overall operations of the XL Specialized Trailers.
Works under general supervision. The employee is responsible for planning and carrying out the assignment, keeping the supervisor informed of progress and potential problems or future implications.
Responsibility for Public Contact:
Daily contact requiring courtesy, discretion, and sound judgment.
Licensing and Certification:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Planning: an ability to think ahead and plan.
- The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at an organizational level.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commitment to company values.
- Computer proficiency.
- Negotiation skills.
- Extended periods of sitting.
- Ability to routinely lift 20 lbs. and occasionally up to 50lbs.
Work is primarily performed indoors.
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|